How do I run JUnit tests on Eclipse?

• Thread starter zeion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Eclipse
In summary, the individual is having difficulty running JUnit tests with eclipse despite trying various solutions like including the JAR file in project classpaths, extending TestCase, restarting eclipse, creating new test cases, and using different methods to run the file. They are seeking advice on what else to check or try, and are willing to provide more information or a screenshot of their project. Ultimately, they discovered that they needed to change the folder containing the test class as the source.
zeion
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting JUnit tests to run with eclipse. I've looked for solutions but nothing seems to work. Whenever I try to run the file as a JUnit test, it says No JUnit tests found.

I tried including the JAR file in the project classpaths (both JUnit 4 and 3), tried both extending TestCase and not, tried restarting eclipse, tried creating new JUnit test cases, tried to run the file from the menu and from the navigator.

What else should I check for / try?
I can also screenshot my project and give more info, please help me.
Thanks.

Technology news on Phys.org
Needed to change folder containing test class as source.

1. How do I create a JUnit test in Eclipse?

To create a JUnit test in Eclipse, first create a new Java project and add the necessary source code. Then, right click on the class you want to test and select "New" and then "JUnit Test Case". This will generate a new test class with the necessary annotations and methods.

2. How do I run JUnit tests in Eclipse?

To run JUnit tests in Eclipse, simply right click on the test class or individual test method and select "Run As" and then "JUnit Test". This will execute the test and display the results in the JUnit view.

3. How do I see the results of my JUnit tests in Eclipse?

The results of JUnit tests in Eclipse can be viewed in the JUnit view. This can be accessed by clicking on the "Window" menu and selecting "Show View" and then "Other". From the list of views, select "JUnit" and the view will appear.

4. How do I debug my JUnit tests in Eclipse?

To debug JUnit tests in Eclipse, right click on the test class or individual test method and select "Debug As" and then "JUnit Test". This will launch the debugger and allow you to step through the code and view the values of variables.

5. How do I add JUnit to my Eclipse project?

To add JUnit to an Eclipse project, right click on the project and select "Properties". Then, click on "Java Build Path" and select the "Libraries" tab. From there, click on "Add Library" and select "JUnit". This will add the JUnit library to your project.