How do we derive the number of string excitation modes for large N?

In summary, deriving the number of string excitation modes for large N is important in understanding the behavior and properties of systems with a large number of strings. This is done using mathematical techniques such as group theory and combinatorics. Factors such as the number of strings, type of strings, dimensionality, and boundary conditions can affect the total number of excitation modes. While it is possible to calculate the number of excitation modes for some systems, more complex systems may require approximations and numerical methods. In string theory, the number of excitation modes is related to the vibrational modes of the strings and plays a crucial role in predictions and calculations.
Eugene Chen
On page 52 in Becker, Becker, Schwarz, there is an equation (2.148) for the number of open string excitation modes.
I tried to Tayler expand eq 2.145, but couldn't reproduce 2.148. Plus, one gets 2.145 by setting w close to 1; even if I use the 2.146 and try to analyze it around 0, I am still very far from getting 2.148
Does anyone know any trick to do this?
309674106_809953983537296_1863235808189370018_n.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like one applies the residue theorem to 2.144 using right hand expression in 2.145. ##\omega=1## is an isolated essential singularity of this expression.