How Do You Calculate Impedance in a Resonant RLC Circuit?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
maobadi
Messages
22
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Quick one guys, I am very confused about the impedance of a RLC circuit. Say when you have more than one resistor or more than one capacitor or inductor in different combination, you get a impedance with two parts(imaginary which is the reactive part and the resistive part) when the circuit is in resonance, how do I find the actual impedance because all the reactive parts cancels out.

Homework Equations



and what is the behaviour of resistor above resonance frequency...?

The Attempt at a Solution



I am stuck...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
maobadi said:

Homework Statement



Quick one guys, I am very confused about the impedance of a RLC circuit. Say when you have more than one resistor or more than one capacitor or inductor in different combination, you get a impedance with two parts(imaginary which is the reactive part and the resistive part) when the circuit is in resonance, how do I find the actual impedance because all the reactive parts cancels out.

Homework Equations



and what is the behaviour of resistor above resonance frequency...?

The Attempt at a Solution



I am stuck...

Write the equation for a parallel RLC circuit, and solve for the Z(resonance). What do you get?

Do the same for a series RLC circuit -- what do you get for Z(resonance)?