How Do You Calculate the Radius of a Circle in a Corner?

In summary, the conversation discusses posting homework, requesting help with diagrams, finding the radius of a circle, proving the relationship between the radii of three circles, and finding the distance between a point and three other points in a rectangular room. The first problem requires more information to solve and the person is advised to draw a picture and share their progress.
heldensheld
I realized that I couldn't post homework in the other forum so I redirected here.

I don't have a scanner so I can't show my working out >.<.

Please help me and diagrams would be nice ;) .

A circle is drawn so that it just fits in the corner of a page. Point A is 1cm from one edge of the page and 2cm from another edge. Find the radius of the cricle.

Two circles of the same radius touch at A and have a common tangent BC. A small circle touches the larger circles and also has BC as a tangent. Prove that the radius of the small circle is 1/4 of the radius of the larger circles.

P is a point within a rectangular room ABCF. P's distance to A, B and C is 4m, 3m and 2m respectively. Find distance DP.

THANK YOU :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, if you want pictures you can draw them yourself in Paint or whatever drawing program you have. Upload them to imageshack.com and post the link here.

You have not given enough information to solve the first one. Probably you should make a picture for that one.

You should say what you have figured out so far about these problems and where your specific difficulty is.

heldensheld said:
A circle is drawn so that it just fits in the corner of a page. Point A is 1cm from one edge of the page and 2cm from another edge. Find the radius of the cricle.
What does point A have to do with the circle? Is it on the circle? Inside it?

Related to How Do You Calculate the Radius of a Circle in a Corner?

1. What is geometry?

Geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of shapes, sizes, positions, and dimensions of objects in space.

2. What are the different types of geometry?

There are several types of geometry, including Euclidean geometry, analytical geometry, projective geometry, non-Euclidean geometry, and differential geometry.

3. How is geometry used in real life?

Geometry is used in many practical applications, such as architecture, engineering, art, and design. It also plays a crucial role in navigation, computer graphics, and astronomy.

4. What are some key concepts in geometry?

Some key concepts in geometry include points, lines, angles, triangles, circles, polygons, and solid figures. Other important concepts include congruence, similarity, symmetry, and transformation.

5. What are some common formulas used in geometry?

Some common formulas used in geometry include the Pythagorean theorem, area and perimeter of various shapes, volume and surface area of solids, and trigonometric ratios.