radaballer Messages 86 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jul 12, 2015 #1 I am sending an AC through a rectifier and need to calculate the resistance. Is there any particular method of doing so?
I am sending an AC through a rectifier and need to calculate the resistance. Is there any particular method of doing so?
Svein Science Advisor Insights Author Messages 2,316 Reaction score 814 Jul 13, 2015 #2 Look at the data sheet for the rectifier. Typically, a rectifier has a fixed voltage drop plus a dynamic resistance. Take a look at http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/taxonomy.do?id=800 for a large selection of rectifiers.
Look at the data sheet for the rectifier. Typically, a rectifier has a fixed voltage drop plus a dynamic resistance. Take a look at http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/taxonomy.do?id=800 for a large selection of rectifiers.
davenn Science Advisor Gold Member Messages 9,747 Reaction score 11,967 Jul 13, 2015 #3 out of curiosity, why do you need to calculate/know the resistance ? not something I have ever had to worry about
out of curiosity, why do you need to calculate/know the resistance ? not something I have ever had to worry about
CWatters Science Advisor Homework Helper Gold Member Messages 10,546 Reaction score 2,324 Jul 13, 2015 #4 +1 More info needed.