How Do You Calculate the Volume of a Cylinder Using Triple Integrals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bowenwww
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cylinder Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Bowenwww
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Cylinder volume problem Please Help!

Basically I've been attempting this question for at least 3 days now and it's driving me insane. The question goes like this - Consider the volume V inside a cylinder x^2 + y^2 = 4R^2 between z=(3x^2 + 2y^2)/R and the xy plane, xyz are cartesian and R is constant - Write down a triple integral using cylindrical co-ordinates for the volume V giving 3 upper and 3 lower limits




I first started by stating that r = 4R^2 The first limit (LHS to RHS) should surely be 0 to 2π the second should be from the origin to the radius i.e. 0 to 4R^2 and the third limit should be 0 to Z but I'm having a nightmare solving it or finding the right limits, any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm losing serious patience :( TIA.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


What does your triple integral look like?

And by the way, the radius is r is from the origin 0 to R ( not 0 to 4R^2)
 


256bits said:
What does your triple integral look like?

And by the way, the radius is r is from the origin 0 to R ( not 0 to 4R^2)

Gee. No response. Radius of circle is 2R.