How Do You Derive the Equation for a Medium-Distance Power Transmission Line?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
MissP.25_5
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
Hello.
I need to derive this equation (attached), can you help me please?

That's the equation for a two-pair terminal medium-distance power transmission line (20~100km).
I have no idea how to start it. Can someone guide me, please?
 
Attachments
  • image-26-05-14-11-42.jpeg
    image-26-05-14-11-42.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 549
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi MissP.25_5. Perhaps a clue lies in that bottom line. :wink:

Try a Pi network, with the two vertical limbs each a capacitor, and the horizontal part R + L.

So this leaves the Earth as a straight-through link common to both ports.

Note, I haven't examined this further.
 
NascentOxygen said:
Hi MissP.25_5. Perhaps a clue lies in that bottom line. :wink:

Try a Pi network, with the two vertical limbs each a capacitor, and the horizontal part R + L.

So this leaves the Earth as a straight-through link common to both ports.

Note, I haven't examined this further.

Oh, yes! That's right, the Pi network is the solution! I just solved it, thanks to you!
 
MissP.25_5 said:
Oh, yes! That's right, the Pi network is the solution! I just solved it ...
Glad it worked! http://imageshack.com/a/img593/2259/girlpower.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator: