Two-conductor transmission line, find the potential difference V of th

In summary, we are given a two-conductor transmission line with the dimensions of s=25 cm, h=29 cm, and r=12.5 cm. At point P (x=43 cm, y=32 cm) in Fig. 2-10, the electric field strength is |E|=450 V/m. By using the information given, the potential difference V of the two conductors can be found to be 1.13 kV, which is independent of the permittivity of the medium. Despite different answers being given in the textbook and by the teacher, the attached work and information from the textbook do not provide a clear solution to the problem. Further assistance may be needed to arrive at a definitive answer
McAfee
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/66302Two-conductor transmission line, find the potential difference V of the two conductors.?

Two-conductor transmission line. At point P (x=43 cm, y=32 cm) in Fig. 2-10, |E|=450 V/m. If s=25 cm, h=29 cm, and r=12.5 cm, find the potential difference if these two conductors.Ans. =1.13 kV independent of permittivity of medium.

I having trouble starting this problem. My worki is attachedhttps://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/66304

Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
McAfee said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/66302Two-conductor transmission line, find the potential difference V of the two conductors.?

Two-conductor transmission line. At point P (x=43 cm, y=32 cm) in Fig. 2-10, |E|=450 V/m. If s=25 cm, h=29 cm, and r=12.5 cm, find the potential difference if these two conductors.

Ans. =1.13 kV independent of permittivity of medium.

I having trouble starting this problem. My worki is attachedhttps://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/66304

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hey guys. I attached my work to this problem before but it didn't go through so here it is. It's ATTACHED. I also included so information from the textbook. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also I even asked my teacher and he said the answer I should be getting is the one that is boxed in. He says the book is WRONG. Either way I'm not getting either answer.

Attachments

• my work.jpg
    my work.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 445
  • tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 505

1. What is a two-conductor transmission line?

A two-conductor transmission line is an electrical circuit consisting of two conductors, typically made of metal, that are used to transmit electrical energy from one point to another.

2. How is the potential difference (V) calculated for a two-conductor transmission line?

The potential difference (V) for a two-conductor transmission line can be calculated using the following formula: V = I * Z, where I is the current flowing through the transmission line and Z is the impedance of the line.

3. What factors can affect the potential difference in a two-conductor transmission line?

The potential difference in a two-conductor transmission line can be affected by factors such as the length of the line, the type of material used for the conductors, and the frequency of the electrical signal being transmitted.

4. How does the potential difference change along a two-conductor transmission line?

The potential difference along a two-conductor transmission line can vary depending on the distance from the source of the electrical energy. It may decrease due to factors such as resistance and capacitance, but can also be maintained or even increased through the use of amplifiers or other devices.

5. What are some common applications of two-conductor transmission lines?

Two-conductor transmission lines are commonly used in telecommunications, power distribution systems, and electronic circuits. They are also found in everyday devices such as phones, computers, and audio systems.