1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two-conductor transmission line, find the potential difference V of th

1. Feb 4, 2014 #1
    View attachment 66302 Two-conductor transmission line, find the potential difference V of the two conductors.?

Two-conductor transmission line. At point P (x=43 cm, y=32 cm) in Fig. 2-10, |E|=450 V/m. If s=25 cm, h=29 cm, and r=12.5 cm, find the potential difference if these two conductors.

Ans. =1.13 kV independent of permittivity of medium.

I having trouble starting this problem. My worki is attached View attachment 66304

Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2014 #2
    Hey guys. I attached my work to this problem before but it didn't go through so here it is. It's ATTACHED. I also included so information from the textbook. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also I even asked my teacher and he said the answer I should be getting is the one that is boxed in. He says the book is WRONG. Either way I'm not getting either answer.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted