How do you make Zener diode connections for different types of diodes?

• Thread starter gracy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Diode
In summary, the student is trying to figure out how to connect to a zener diode, but doesn't know how to do it. He asks for help and the person providing help provides a summary of the content.
Bystander said:
My suggestion for the long run is to remember the "arrow is direction of current."
I will remember this.But for doing connections in my practical exam I was trying to understand about " +ive and - I've terminals."

Physics news on Phys.org
I got the concept now.Oh my god,I took so much time to understand this.Would you still like to say " I am a very quick "study," (good student) as far as picking up ideas.

The way people shuffle polarities back and forth with "forward and reverse" biasing? I've been playing with this stuff for fifty years and I still have to stop and think about it in some contexts.

gracy said:
I think I have caught my mistake .Positive terminal of diode is connected with positive of battery in forward bias that doesn't mean it (Positive terminal of diode)should be directly/immediately connected with it(positive of battery).Even though positive terminal of diode is connected with negative terminal of Milliammeter, if we follow this it is eventually connected with positive terminal of battery.Right?
That's a good way to think of it, yes.

Exmple: The positive probe of a voltmeter connects to the most positive of the two points between which you wish to measure the voltage difference, and the meter's negative probe connects to the least positive of the two points.

Exercise: if you are preparing to measure the voltage difference between two terminals, one marked -4.4V and the other marked -8V, to which terminal should you connect the meter's positive lead?

Last edited:
NascentOxygen said:
: if you are preparing to measure the voltage difference between two terminals, one marked -4.4V and the other marked -8V, to which terminal should you connect the meter's positive lead?
Terminal of -4.4V. Right?

Last edited:
gracy said:
Terminal of -8V. Right?
Number_line.gif
Positive ->

gracy said:
Terminal of -4.4V. Right?
Right.

Most equipment (and electronic elements) is influenced only by the voltage difference at its terminals.