1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How does Irradiance change with magification?

1. Oct 7, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone,

I have an optical test bench. The aim of this test bench is to get a 2 beam interference of the diffracted orders on the image plane. The optical test bench on the whole has a magnification factor of 12.5.

1) I wanted to know how the magnification affects the irradiance. I feel the Irradiance varies by a 1/m^2 factor. Is this correct?
    2) How does the k vector change with magification? I know that the separation of the orders changes according to the magnification. I have an attached an image of the equation. mT is the transverse magnification. Alpha and beta are the direction cosines. Is this correct?

Thank you

Attached Files:

• eqn.png
      eqn.png
      File size:
      2.1 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook