How does pasting an image work, e.g. when composing a PF post?

• JavaScript
  • Thread starter Swamp Thing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Image Work
In summary, the process of pasting an image when composing a PF post involves copying the image and pasting it into the post editor using a keyboard shortcut or right-clicking. Most image formats can be pasted, but it's important to ensure they are not too large. The pasted image is uploaded to the PF server and displayed in the post when published. Pasted images cannot be resized or edited within the post, but can be edited before pasting. There is no specific limit to the number of images that can be pasted, but it's recommended to use a reasonable number to avoid affecting the post's loading time.
Swamp Thing
Insights Author
TL;DR Summary
How to implement this thing where you can paste an image when composing a post on Physics Forums?
I have pasted the image below after copying it from my desktop. The image becomes visible in the Post Composer as soon as you paste it. It also works if you copy from another web page.

I assume that JavaScript is able to grab the data from the clipboard and create an IMG element on the fly, and also send the IMG data to the PF server. It can also create a thumbnail version.
How to code these functions?
1564358555005.jpeg

Technology news on Phys.org
Thanks!

What is the purpose of pasting an image when composing a PF post?

The purpose of pasting an image when composing a PF post is to enhance the visual appeal of the post and provide additional information or context to the content being shared.

Can any type of image be pasted into a PF post?

Yes, most image formats such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF can be pasted into a PF post. However, it is important to ensure that the image is not copyrighted and does not violate any platform guidelines.

How does pasting an image work in the PF post editor?

In the PF post editor, there is usually an option to insert an image. Once clicked, a pop-up window will appear where you can either upload an image from your device or paste the image URL. The image will then be inserted into your post.

What happens if I paste an image that is too large for the PF post?

If you paste an image that is too large for the PF post, it will either be automatically resized to fit the post or you will be prompted to resize it manually. It is recommended to resize images before pasting them into a PF post to ensure optimal display.

Can I edit or delete a pasted image in a PF post?

Yes, you can edit or delete a pasted image in a PF post by clicking on the image and selecting the appropriate options. This allows you to make changes or remove the image if needed.