1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How employable is a Statistics major, and what kind of jobs are availa

1. Nov 30, 2013 #1
    I'm considering attending SF state to study Statistics with emphasis in Economics. However, I worry that the major isn't employable. If that is so, i would do engineering instead. How employable is a Statistics major? Do you think I should do engineering instead, even though I'm not that good with technical stuff?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2013 #2
    I would imagine a statistics major is pretty employable especially if your doing economics. You could become an actuary, or go into financial sector with it at least. The bureau of labor statistics says that new statistician jobs to open between 2010-2020 is 3,500; actuaries on the other hand expect 5,800. You can find a lot of this info on that site: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook