How every Wikipedia article links to Philosophy

In summary, every Wikipedia article eventually leads to the Philosophy page through the process of clicking on the first non-italicized link in the main body of the article. This phenomenon, known as the "Philosophy loop," has been observed in almost all articles on the site, showcasing the interconnected nature of knowledge and the fundamental role of philosophy in understanding the world. This link to Philosophy can often be traced back to basic concepts and universal truths that are explored and discussed in philosophical thought.
Kevin_Axion
Obviously this could work for any topic but I thought it was interesting: http://xefer.com/wikipedia

Physics news on Phys.org
I tried several topics and they ended with biology. Ok, now the trees are showing up. Buwahaha... ALIENS!

I got an interesting tree with 'insects, hilbert space, marilyn monroe, charcoal, guitar, hohenzollern, chert, and enigma' .

It's all philosophy

Bizarrely when one opens the website philosophy appears automatically and drops down beneath the screen (drag it up by clicking and dragging).

I was taken from dichromate, on my mind earlier today, to philosophy in 13 steps.

Funny how the link between philosophers and philosophy is so far. The link from David Hume to Philosophy visits Heavy metal music.

disregardthat said:
Funny how the link between philosophers and philosophy is so far. The link from David Hume to Philosophy visits Heavy metal music.
And rock music, which is not along the path from Philosophy to Michael Jackson.

These trees are Chinese Room AI in action.

Thanks for the link! I finally have an understanding of what's it like to be in Mr. Colbert's mind.

ScreenShot2011-11-28at54115PM.png

I got a surprisingly long branch with "taco" :biggrin:

1. What is the "Philosophy" page on Wikipedia?

The "Philosophy" page on Wikipedia is a page that provides a general overview of the subject of philosophy, including its history, branches, and major concepts and thinkers. It is often considered the central page in the entire Wikipedia website.

2. How does every Wikipedia article link to Philosophy?

According to a study conducted in 2011, every Wikipedia article is connected to the "Philosophy" page through a series of links. When you click on the first link in an article that is not within parentheses or italicized, it will eventually lead you to the "Philosophy" page. This phenomenon is known as the "Wikipedia game" or "Philosophy loop."

3. Why do all Wikipedia articles lead to Philosophy?

One possible explanation for this is that the "Philosophy" page is the most fundamental and general subject on Wikipedia. It covers a wide range of topics and is connected to many other pages through various concepts and ideas. Additionally, the structure of Wikipedia articles, where each page is linked to other relevant pages, may also contribute to this phenomenon.

4. Is there any exception to the "Philosophy loop" on Wikipedia?

While the "Philosophy loop" has been observed in the majority of Wikipedia articles, there are some exceptions due to the constantly evolving nature of the website. Pages that have been edited to intentionally break the loop or do not contain any links may not lead to the "Philosophy" page. Additionally, certain non-English pages and pages with a high number of links may also not follow the "Philosophy loop."

5. Does every language version of Wikipedia have the same "Philosophy loop" phenomenon?

While the "Philosophy loop" has been observed in most language versions of Wikipedia, there are some variations. For example, some languages may have different words for "philosophy," which may lead to different central pages. Additionally, the structure and content of each language version may also affect the "Philosophy loop." However, the majority of language versions do follow the "Philosophy loop" to some extent.