How is this 37-year-old self-taught precalculus student preparing for a degree?

• Thread starter Cntr2
  • Start date
In summary, a 37-year-old self-taught precalculus student is preparing for a degree by studying and practicing extensively on their own. They have taken online courses, used textbooks and online resources, and sought help from tutors and study groups. They also make sure to stay motivated and organized, setting specific goals and consistently reviewing and practicing material. Despite the challenges of being self-taught, this student is determined to succeed and is taking proactive steps to prepare for their degree.
Cntr2
Hello everyone,

I am a 37 year old guy who is currently self teaching in precalculus. I plan to enroll in school to get a degree but am no hurry as I am learning as much as I can on my own.

The books I use are "for dummies" written by yang kuang and elleyne kase. I also spend plenty of time going on youtube to watch tutorials like Ed Burger, Tarrou, Khan Academy, to name a few.

I will likely be reading most of the time and maybe contribute if I am competent enough.

See you at the board!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Checkout MathIsPower4U.com they have a full range of 10 minute videos on math from Algebra to Calculus 1,2,3 Differential Equations and Linear Algebra.

Likes Cntr2
Thanks jedishrfu!
I subscribed to it!

Welcome to the forum