How many M&Ms are in an ounce?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
No one is disillusioned here GeorginaS. If you want to model it using spheroids, then show us your work, or be quiet.

I don't want cubes or sphereoids. I want M&Ms you weirdos

I just went and bought a bag of M&Ms to see how many were in each bag. I only got 17 M&Ms. the rest were Ws

I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

Oh and I think I've found you the http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00173/Willy_Wonka_stor_173323c.jpg [Broken] Gale.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gumball-machine.com/bulk-candy-3.html

38 pounds of M&Ms for $130

That would make it 19000 m&ms

BTW, moonbear, each one of those bags in your link was 3.25 pounds.

I say you pay about a thousand dollars for m&ms and see how much of the tank will be full...

Evo
Mentor
The smart thing to do would be to fill most of the interior of the aquarium with something like cardboard boxes or styrofoam and then pour the m&m's around and over the top of them, giving the impression that the entire aquarium is filled. m&ms will go stale, you know. Not to mention attracting bugs and vermin.

Evo said:
The smart thing to do would be to fill most of the interior of the aquarium with something like cardboard boxes or styrofoam and then pour the m&m's around and over the top of them, giving the impression that the entire aquarium is filled. m&ms will go stale, you know. Not to mention attracting bugs and vermin.

It took three pages for smeone to think of this :bugeye:

That's brilliant! It's what they sometimes do in those "guess how many there are in here" things....

If you were to fill up the entire tank, I wonder if the M&Ms on the bottom would be squished...

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
moose said:
BTW, moonbear, each one of those bags in your link was 3.25 pounds.
Yes, I know, but the information they provided was the number of M&Ms per pound, not per bag. I don't really know why anyone, other than tribdog when he's been drinking and thinks the aquarium should be filled with candy, would want 3.25 lbs of M&Ms all at once! That's a lot of M&Ms to eat! :eek:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
Well, that just means that the next time tribdog is telling us he has nothing to eat in the apartment, doesn't know how to fill a pot with water and turn a stove on, and needs something to eat, he'll have the stale M&Ms along with any additional protein they attract. :yuck: It still can't be any worse than that Mexican place he keeps going to even though he's convinced they spit in his food.

Mk
It still can't be any worse than that Mexican place he keeps going to even though he's convinced they spit in his food.
The last picture I saw... it was worse than saliva. He said it was at the bottom of his coke—he placed it next to a penny for size, and it looked like.. well, a miniature turd. I mean stool! The medical term.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get much stranger...

Evo
Mentor
Mk said:
The last picture I saw... it was worse than saliva. He said it was at the bottom of his coke—he placed it next to a penny for size, and it looked like.. well, a miniature turd. I mean stool! The medical term.
I've been vomiting all morning, just managed to get to work and then I read this. :yuck:

Thanks.

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I just read this whole thread!!! my my my, Best time I've ever spent!

Mk
Wow? Really? You need more fun. :tongue2:

no one ever did answer how many m&m's were in an ounce did they?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gale said:
no one ever did answer how many m&m's were in an ounce did they?
Okay, fine, 31.25. :tongue2: 500 M&Ms/pound divided by 16 oz/pound = 31.25 M&Ms/ounce (and all those silly folks in feedback think you need LaTex to show your math :biggrin:).

Forget filling up a fish tank, have you guys ever played those stupid games that teachers have. Guess how many MnM's are in the jar?? TEACH ME HOW TO DO THAT?!!?!??!

Mk said:
Wow? Really? You need more fun. :tongue2:

ya, no kidding. I got a test today and two tests and a paper tomorrow. Oh yeah, I still got homework to do. All work and no play:yuck: but then again it's spring break the week after next :biggrin:

Dunno about M&Ms, but when I was younger I used to collect Skittles. I never filed up a fishtank full of the stuff, but I did spill a cookie-jar full onto a hot stove once. After my Mother cleaned up the mess she made sure that I never saw of my beloved Skittles again :mad:

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Why are M&Ms called M&Ms?

The candies were named for "Mars & Murrie" (Mars' business partner was Bruce Murrie, son of rival Milton S. Hershey's partner William Murrie.)

Monique said:
Why are M&Ms called M&Ms?

each small chocolate candy has a tiny white M painted on its candy coated shell. when you have two candies, you have an M and another M. together we refer to them as M&M's.

DocToxyn
Science Advisor
Gale said:
each small chocolate candy has a tiny white M painted on its candy coated shell. when you have two candies, you have an M and another M. together we refer to them as M&M's.

If I lick all the M's off does that mean they are no longer M&M's?:uhh:

Evo
Mentor
DocToxyn said:
If I lick all the M's off does that mean they are no longer M&M's?:uhh:
Aaagh, DT's new avatar scared me. :frown:

DocToxyn
Science Advisor
Evo said:
Aaagh, DT's new avatar scared me. :frown:

Sorry Evo, maybe I can dig up that cobra I used once before....:smile: