Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How The forces work

1. Apr 10, 2012 #1
    How Do Particles Mediate forces (Strong Nuclear, Weak Nuclear). Like, what actually goes on to mediate such interactions?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2012 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Translation: "Please write down all of particle physics".

Sorry, but this is a big order. I understand your wanting to know, but as they say "it's beyond the scope of this course, the next one, and the one after that". It's not possible to condense several years of school into a few words on a computer screen."

4. Apr 10, 2012 #3
    Well no. I understand most of particle physics, buty question is what role does the particle play? Does it create the field of the force?

5. Apr 10, 2012 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Son, you're still in high school. You don't understand "most of particle physics". I've been working in this field for two decades, and even I don't understand "most of particle physics". It's a big topic. Furthermore, if you understood "most of particle physics", you would have the answer to your question.

This thread cannot go anywhere good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook