How to become an expert in physics ?

• Thread starter MoradLemans
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, to become an expert in physics, one must enroll in a good college with a strong physics department, study physics, continue on to graduate school, and then gain experience through post-doctoral positions and work in either academia or industry. It is a long process that requires dedication and hard work.
MoradLemans
How to become an expert in physics and from where should i start ?

Physics news on Phys.org
MoradLemans said:
Go to college with a good physics department.

mathman said:
They say to become an expert i should'nt start from scratch rather should i start from expert stage!

MoradLemans said:
They say to become an expert i should'nt start from scratch rather should i start from expert stage!

So, before becoming an expert, you must start out as an expert?

I see no problems with this logic. Carry on.

Likes russ_watters
mathman said:
...and study physics. :wink:

This is moved to academic guidance, but the OP needs to demonstrate that this is a serious thread.

MoradLemans said:

You don't. You may eventually become an expert in some small sub-field of physics afters many years of study.

Like others have said, enroll in university majoring in physics, graduate, enroll in graduate school, graduate, apply for post docs, complete them, apply for professorships or apply to industry, work. Then maybe you'll become an expert in some small area of physics.

Related to How to become an expert in physics ?

1. What qualifications do I need to become an expert in physics?

In order to become an expert in physics, you will need to have at least a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field. Many experts also have a master's degree or a PhD in physics. It is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics and other sciences as well.

2. How much time does it take to become an expert in physics?

The time it takes to become an expert in physics varies depending on the individual's dedication and the specific field of physics they are studying. Generally, it can take anywhere from 6-10 years of education and training to become an expert in physics.

3. Can I become an expert in physics without a formal education?

While it is possible to learn and understand physics concepts without a formal education, it is extremely difficult to become an expert in the field without proper education and training. A formal education provides a structured approach and hands-on experience that is necessary to become an expert in physics.

4. What skills are necessary to become an expert in physics?

To become an expert in physics, you will need to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to think critically and work independently. Excellent mathematical skills and a strong understanding of scientific principles are also crucial for success in the field.

5. How can I gain practical experience in physics?

There are several ways to gain practical experience in physics, such as participating in research projects, internships, or co-op programs. You can also attend conferences and seminars, join physics clubs or organizations, and work on personal projects. It is important to actively seek out opportunities to apply your knowledge and skills in real-world settings.