How to delete column in notepad

• Thread starter CanoIsDbo
  • Start date
Hi, I was running a labview program and it wrote my data to an lvm file, which can be opened with notepad. The problem I am having is the way labview outputted my data. It has the time and the strain separated by a comma. I attached the file, so everyone can see. What I want to do is somehow delete the time column so I can just plot the strain in excel. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

Thanks

Attachments

MATLABdude

Science Advisor
What would you plot the strain against? Or are you plotting a histogram?

If you wanted just the strain data, you can import csv (comma separated value) files in Excel (I don't think you even need to rename it from .txt to .csv) and then just delete the offending column. You can also save the resulting data as a standard Excel file, along with your graphs, etc.

OmCheeto

Gold Member
Hi, I was running a labview program and it wrote my data to an lvm file, which can be opened with notepad. The problem I am having is the way labview outputted my data. It has the time and the strain separated by a comma. I attached the file, so everyone can see. What I want to do is somehow delete the time column so I can just plot the strain in excel. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

Thanks
I don't think it can be done.

I would save the file from notepad with ANSI coding, change the extension to .csv, open the file in excel, and delete the unwanted column.