How to make a connection between Mechanical & Electrical systems in ANSYS program

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have an inquiry about how to make a system coupling between mechanical and electrical system in ANSYS program.

Answers and Replies

Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Sorry Ahmed, I don't have ANSYS on me at the moment, but if I was to have a guess, I would suggest that electrical - mechanical coupling generally occurs between different software packages via measurement and definition of inputs and outputs. For example, torque and power at the drive shaft, running simulations with parameters on and off for solenoids, or with more creative simulation about magnetic resistance. Some times having a bit of a play with the package helps to understand its limitations, and possible workarounds.