How to set up a moist object in ANSYS Fluent?

In summary, to define a moist object in ANSYS Fluent, you need to create a separate material for the moisture phase and assign it to the object. To account for moisture transfer in your simulation, you need to enable the species transport model and specify diffusion coefficients and source terms. ANSYS Fluent can simulate the evaporation or condensation of moisture by using appropriate boundary conditions and models for heat and mass transfer. Validation of moisture simulation results can be done by comparing with experimental data or performing sensitivity analyses. ANSYS Fluent also has the capability to simulate the effects of temperature on moisture transfer by specifying temperature-dependent properties and using appropriate models.
Tung Jian Seng
Hi, I am new to the ANSYS Fluent. I have a question that is how to model a moist object in the Fluent as I am trying to study the drying process with a 2D simulation. I have tried to do it on my own by searching through google but still nothing working out.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi Tung
Take a look at this clip. Maybe you find out what you need. It is about condensing process.

and this clip as well.

1. What is the purpose of setting up a moist object in ANSYS Fluent?

The purpose of setting up a moist object in ANSYS Fluent is to simulate and analyze the behavior of fluids with a certain level of moisture. This can be useful in studying various engineering and scientific problems, such as the flow of humid air in a ventilation system or the evaporation of liquid droplets in a combustion chamber.

2. How do I define the moisture content of a fluid in ANSYS Fluent?

To define the moisture content of a fluid in ANSYS Fluent, you can use the “Moist Air” option in the Material panel. This allows you to specify the relative humidity, temperature, and pressure of the fluid, as well as the properties of the water vapor and dry air components.

3. Can I simulate condensation or evaporation of moisture in ANSYS Fluent?

Yes, ANSYS Fluent has the capability to simulate condensation or evaporation of moisture. This can be done by using the “Species Transport” model and specifying the appropriate boundary conditions and source terms for the moisture component. You can also track the mass fraction of the moisture component in your simulation results.

4. Is there a specific meshing technique for modeling moist objects in ANSYS Fluent?

There is no specific meshing technique for modeling moist objects in ANSYS Fluent. However, it is important to ensure that your mesh is fine enough to capture the behavior of the moisture component accurately. You may also need to use a hybrid mesh to accurately capture the interface between the moist and dry regions.

5. Are there any best practices for setting up a moist object in ANSYS Fluent?

Some best practices for setting up a moist object in ANSYS Fluent include ensuring that your boundary conditions and source terms are accurately defined, using a fine enough mesh, and performing sensitivity analyses to validate your results. It is also recommended to consult with experienced users or refer to ANSYS Fluent documentation for specific guidelines and recommendations.