How to make wolfarmalpha solve h(v−t)=h(v+t)

• MHB
  • Thread starter Amer
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about using Wolfarmalpha to solve a quadratic function and find its vertex. The speaker also mentions that Wolfarmalpha can solve the function for any values of a, b, and c.
Amer
Hello,

I want wolfarmalpha solve this $h(v-t) = h(v+t)$ for $v$ where $h(x) = ax^2 +bx +c $. It is the vertex I want the students to figure out the vertex of the quadratic function. If $a,b $ and $c$ are numbers wolfarmalpha can solve that for any $t$.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Amer said:
Hello,

I want wolfarmalpha solve this $h(v-t) = h(v+t)$ for $v$ where $h(x) = ax^2 +bx +c $. It is the vertex I want the students to figure out the vertex of the quadratic function. If $a,b $ and $c$ are numbers wolfarmalpha can solve that for any $t$.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
As I mentioned elsewhere, see here.

-Dan

topsquark said:
As I mentioned elsewhere, see here.

-Dan

Okay thanks again (Yes)

Wolfarmalpha? Is that a farm where they raise wolves?

1. How does Wolfarmalpha solve h(v−t)=h(v+t)?

Wolfarmalpha uses advanced algorithms and computational methods to solve equations, including h(v−t)=h(v+t). It utilizes a combination of symbolic and numerical techniques to find the solution.

2. Can Wolfarmalpha solve h(v−t)=h(v+t) for any values of v and t?

Yes, Wolfarmalpha can solve h(v−t)=h(v+t) for any values of v and t, as long as they are numerical values and not symbolic expressions. It can also handle complex numbers and variables in the equation.

3. How accurate is the solution provided by Wolfarmalpha for h(v−t)=h(v+t)?

Wolfarmalpha provides highly accurate solutions for equations, including h(v−t)=h(v+t). It uses precise numerical methods and can handle large numbers and decimals, ensuring accurate results.

4. Is there a limit to the complexity of h(v−t)=h(v+t) that Wolfarmalpha can solve?

Wolfarmalpha can handle complex equations, including h(v−t)=h(v+t), with multiple variables, exponents, and trigonometric functions. However, there may be some extremely complex equations that may be beyond its capabilities.

5. Can Wolfarmalpha show the steps it took to solve h(v−t)=h(v+t)?

Yes, Wolfarmalpha can show the steps it took to solve h(v−t)=h(v+t), along with a detailed explanation of each step. This feature is available for both the free and premium versions of the software.