How to run an iso off of restart without burning to disk

  • Thread starter Thread starter only_huce
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Disk
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 10K views
only_huce
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I currently have an iso of a program inwhich I would like to install on my home desktop. However my home desktop only has a cd-rom drive and not a dvd room drive so I can't burn it to the disk. I know I can still mount and run it using a program such as daemontools however I don't know of a way to make the iso run on restart espicially when it's supposed to boot off the cd drive. Is there any way around it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not obviously, it's tricky to boot from an ISO image contained on a filesystem when the boot loaded doesn't have code to read that filesystem.
There might be linux+grub tricks to get around this - what are you trying to do?
 
I'm pretty sure it can. Is there a way I can run the iso by booting off the flashdrive?
 
only_huce said:
I currently have an iso of a program inwhich I would like to install on my home desktop. However my home desktop only has a cd-rom drive and not a dvd room drive so I can't burn it to the disk. I know I can still mount and run it using a program such as daemontools however I don't know of a way to make the iso run on restart espicially when it's supposed to boot off the cd drive. Is there any way around it?

This sounds rather odd. What type of application would demand to be installed on restart?