Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to see ON/OFF status by using SCT-013 via Raspberry Pi?

1. Jun 23, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I'm trying to make a project and I have a trouble. The project is 'online monitoring of machine'. I will show ON if machine works and OFF if machine does not work. And the rule is: I can not effect machine by my circuit. So it looks so simple. I bought SCT-013 non-invasive current sensor and connected it to the Raspberry Pi over MCP3008 ADC. When I run the program I see ON and OFF both even machine works. I just need ON or OFF according to machine status. I checked the signal from SCT-013 by oscilloscop and the signal is like below here. If you guys have ideas please share with me.

Best Regards.
    Coskun.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2016 #2

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF.

I do not think you will get helpful answers unless you state your question better. What does your circuit look like? What do you observe? What do you expect to observe?

4. Jun 23, 2016 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

+1

The time axis isn't labelled. It appears to show the machine coming ON four times. Is that correct?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted