Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to undo or inverse a Curl?

  1. Apr 18, 2012 #1
    It doesn't seem like I have seen such a thing. I want to know if there's an inverse Curl operator?

    Let's say I was given the Curl of X = some function, now how can I solve for X ?
    How do I inverse the curl on both side of the equation?

    Thank you very much in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2012 #2
    take the curl again, assuming your original field is div-free, you end up with a vector poisson's equation
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook