How to use current feedback in the same circuit in Cadence

In summary, the conversation discusses using Cadence Virtuoso to design a circuit for an all-spin-logic device. The paper "Circuit Simulation of Magnetization Dynamics and Spin Transport" by Phillip Bonhomme explains that HSPICE can be used to simulate the circuit. The issue is that the green circle represents a voltage-controlled current source with a voltage-current relation of Is=gVx, but the goal is to have the gain g be Ic, the current drawn in the red circle. The solution may involve using verilog-a to set the parameters, although there are no tutorials readily available. It is suggested to seek help on a forum for computing and technology.
dafaq
Hi,
I'm currently using cadence virtuoso to design circuit for all-spin-logic device (a kind of spintronics devices). I found in a paper "Circuit Simulation of Magnetization Dynamics and Spin Transport" by Phillip Bonhomme etc. that it can be done using the circuit as follows:

upload_2015-2-27_1-59-58.jpeg

They use HSPICE to simulate it. And I'm currently using Cadence Virtuoso to draw the circuit. And here is the problem: The green circle are for voltage-controlled current sources. The vccs has the voltage-current relation: Is=gVx. Now I need the gain g to be Ic, which is the current I draw in red circle. What should I do? Can I just label the red circle wire as Ic and write the green circle vccs transconductance Ic? Just like the figure below?
upload_2015-2-27_1-59-58.jpeg

In the paper it said they use verilog-a to set the parameters. However, I don't know how to edit the instance parameters by using verilog-a. I know how to import a whole verilog-a schematic, but it is not suitable for this caes I think...Because you need to use another variable from outside the schematic and it's not input.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-27_1-28-46.jpeg
    upload_2015-2-27_1-28-46.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 732
Engineering news on Phys.org
Never worked with , but I would expect there must be some kind of tutorial for it.

zoki85 said:
Never worked with , but I would expect there must be some kind of tutorial for it.
Thanks. I also believe that there should be a way to do that considering Cadence being a big name. The biggest challenge is there is no tutorial anywhere regarding that matter! I am not so familiar with this forum, do you know if I can tag someone for any help?

1. How do I enable current feedback in Cadence?

To enable current feedback in Cadence, you will need to add a feedback resistor and a voltage-controlled current source to your circuit. The feedback resistor should be connected between the output and the inverting input of the amplifier, and the voltage-controlled current source should be connected between the inverting input and ground. This will create a feedback loop that allows the circuit to regulate the current flowing through the amplifier.

2. What is the purpose of using current feedback in a circuit?

The main purpose of using current feedback in a circuit is to improve stability and reduce distortion. It allows the circuit to adjust its gain based on the current flowing through the amplifier, rather than just the voltage. This can lead to better control and accuracy in certain applications, such as audio amplifiers.

3. Can current feedback be used in any type of circuit?

Current feedback can be used in a variety of circuits, but it is most commonly used in operational amplifiers (op-amps). It is also commonly used in high-speed and high-power applications, as well as circuits that require high levels of precision and stability.

4. How do I troubleshoot issues with current feedback in Cadence?

If you are experiencing issues with current feedback in your circuit, it is important to first check your feedback resistor and voltage-controlled current source for proper values and connections. You should also check for any unintended feedback loops or ground loops that could be affecting the performance of your circuit. Additionally, running simulations and comparing the results to expected values can help identify any issues.

5. Are there any limitations to using current feedback in a circuit?

While current feedback can be beneficial in many circuits, it does have some limitations. It may not be suitable for circuits that require high input impedance, as the feedback resistor can introduce loading effects. Additionally, current feedback can be more complex to design and troubleshoot compared to traditional voltage feedback circuits.