How to use wolfram alpha to plot frequency response

In summary, To plot the magnitude and phase response of a transfer function on Wolfram Alpha without using Matlab, you can use abs(...) and phase(...) with i as the imaginary unit or 'bode(...)' to plot in degrees. This will also provide Nyquist and Nichols plots.
Void Xylem
Can someone please tell me how I can plot the magnitude and phase response of this transfer function on wolfram alpha as I don't have Matlab:

H(s) = -(2.1953*10^12)/(66600*((j*ω)^2)+808823539.4*(j*ω)+2.1626*10^12)

A link to the output would be very useful also, thanks heaps.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can use abs(...) and phase(...) with i as the imaginary unit.

ZVdP said:
You can use abs(...) and phase(...) with i as the imaginary unit.

thanks bro, your post has improved my life quality by a factor of 0.0001, one more question: How do I make it plot the phase in degrees instead of radians.

You can also use 'bode (...)', which will plot the amplitude and phase in degrees. As a bonus you get Nyquist and Nichols too :)

ZVdP said:
You can also use 'bode (...)', which will plot the amplitude and phase in degrees. As a bonus you get Nyquist and Nichols too :)

haha wow that's really cool, its going to be very useful, i got to admit i have no idea what the Nyquist and Nichols are atm but ill get there eventually. thanks for the help.

1. How do I enter my transfer function in Wolfram Alpha?

To enter a transfer function in Wolfram Alpha, use the format "transfer function [numerator polynomial]/[denominator polynomial]". Make sure to use parentheses around each polynomial and include the independent variable, such as "s" for Laplace transforms.

2. How do I specify the frequency range for my frequency response plot?

To specify the frequency range in Wolfram Alpha, add the keyword "from" followed by the starting frequency and "to" followed by the ending frequency after the transfer function. For example, "transfer function (s+1)/(s^2+2s+1) from 0 to 10".

3. Can I plot multiple transfer functions on the same frequency response graph?

Yes, Wolfram Alpha allows you to plot multiple transfer functions on the same graph. Simply separate each transfer function with a comma after the "transfer function" keyword. For example, "transfer function (s+1)/(s^2+2s+1), (s+2)/(s^2+3s+2)".

4. How do I customize the labels and axes on my frequency response plot?

To customize the labels and axes on your plot, use the "title", "xlabel", and "ylabel" keywords after the transfer function. You can also specify the units for the frequency and amplitude using the "xunit" and "yunit" keywords. For example, "transfer function (s+1)/(s^2+2s+1) title "Frequency Response" xlabel "Frequency (Hz)" ylabel "Amplitude (dB)" xunit "Hz" yunit "dB".

5. Can I save my frequency response plot as an image or share it with others?

Yes, you can save your frequency response plot as an image by using the "plot" keyword after the transfer function and specifying the file format, such as "png" or "eps". You can also share your plot by clicking on the "share" button on the bottom left corner of the graph and copying the link or embedding the code on your website.