How was the value of the spacetime curvature obtained?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
arupel
Messages
45
Reaction score
2
I received a reply about the value of space time curvature. Evidently it is not zero but an almost unconceiveably
small number. I was just wandering how this number was gotten.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I lost the thread giving the curvature of spacetime. It is extremely small but exists. What thoughts are there about the consideration that the spacetime curvature is not flat and dark energy? Does this change thinking about speculations about the possible nature of dark energy?
 
arupel said:
I lost the thread giving the curvature of spacetime. It is extremely small but exists. What thoughts are there about the consideration that the spacetime curvature is not flat and dark energy? Does this change thinking about speculations about the possible nature of dark energy?

We really need the details to be sure we know what you're asking. Try doing some google searches and/or more reading. From the little I've seen, you might try:

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~ryden/ast162_9/notes40.html

which is probably what you're asking about (spatial curvature)

or

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/einstein/einstein.pdf

which goes into a bit about what you actually wrote (space-time curvature). Sorry in advance if the links are too advanced :(.