I How we see image inside the concave mirror when object is beyond C?

Summary
How to explain the image we see inside a concave mirror when our object is beyond C and forms a real image between C and F.
In concave mirror, when object is beyond C ( centre of curvature) our traditional Ray diagrams show a real and inverted image formed between C and F. But at the same time, if we look directly into the mirror and remove the screen, we see an inverted image which appears to be inside the mirror. Explain this image using Ray diagram.

Attachments

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi and welcome to Physics Forums.
I am not sure what your question is - and what is "the screen"?
Have you tried a Google search for "Concave Mirror Ray diagram"? There is no point in my giving you a home made ray diagram when there are thousands available on the Web but you will notice something about concave mirrors. Depending on where the object is relative to the mirror centre of curvature (object distance and r) you can get a real image 'inside' the mirror or a virtual image behind the mirror. If the object is at the centre of curvature, all rays from the object will come back and hit the object.

This effect is also obtainable with a convex Lens, where either a real or virtual image can be formed. Again, Google (Images) is your friend.

With convex mirrors or concave lenses, there is only one image is formed, wherever the object is.

PS I don't agree with your diagram showing an inverted image behind the mirror. Google will put you right. (Thy Hyperphysics website)

IMG_20190822_141842.jpg

This is the ray diagram of this situation... This explains the real image formed outside the mirror... But when we look into the mirror and as you said, real image can be seen inside the mirror and it's true.. but how to explain this image inside the mirror Using ray diagram?