How well do you know Albert Einstein? - Comments

In summary, Greg Bernhardt submitted a new PF Insights post in which he discusses how well he knows Albert Einstein. He scored a 7 out of 12 on the quiz, which he considers a satisfactory score. He recalls some of the important facts about Einstein, such as his Nobel Prize and his inability to play music. He offers a hypothesis as to why Einstein might have forgotten the year he won his Nobel Prize.

Physics news on Phys.org
7, and surprised. Thought I'd do much worse.

3. The 2 important( nobel and \lambda) and something random. :(

Edit: Nice quiz by the way. You should make some more!

How am I supposed to know what he named his violin ? :s
5/12

6 lucky, 6 not so lucky..

7 pretty much guessing. Boo. I didn't know he played violin or was married.

8. Didn't know his violin was named Beatles...

3 correct... Honestly, I was not expecting more.

Missed one so close-_-

I got a 3.

9/12.

7/12

9! Does he ever give a reason to why he was a vegan? I thought that was really interesting

Got 6 of 12, 1st time.

After logging in, and attempting to exactly recreate the original errors for archive, I accidentally picked the correct year (1921) that he got his Nobel Prize and got 7 right. I usually remember numbers easier than names, but I had picked 1919.

I wonder after initially waiting all those years, if he might have forgotten exactly which year himself... by the time he was my present age. I've had a heck of a time with precise dates on resumes.

Wes

I thought I knew 4 answers and really only knew 3. I had no answer to the other 9. Surprising as I've read so much of Einstein's scientific role, but picked up so little in personal details.

votingmachine said:
I thought I knew 4 answers and really only knew 3. I had no answer to the other 9. Surprising as I've read so much of Einstein's scientific role, but picked up so little in personal details.
But at least you could even spit up 3-4 things correctly about him. I can reach up to 2 only.

Last edited:
i got 9

JohnPrior3 said:
9! Does he ever give a reason to why he was a vegan? I thought that was really interesting
He wasn't a vegan, he was vegetarian, and only for the last year of his life, although he approved of vegetarianism before that.

http://www.ivu.org/history/northam20a/einstein.html

I got only 2

7 out of 12. I am pleased with that score

2 lol

Likes Silicon Waffle
10 points out of 12 points total.

yippii...I got 12 points out of 2 points...

Greg Bernhardt said:
Even if you didn't get a great score at least you know a little bit more trivia about the man :)
yes , its great... you should also organize more quiz related to GK.

5/12

7/12 with one guess..

I got 8/12, 'competent'. However many of the questions are silly or secondary and not really about him, so only one "essential" was wrong - I did not know he was vegetarian. It is somewhat in character, but I thought as absolute principle it would have been too dogmatic for him.

But how about a quiz that goes more into the science?

Tue Sorensen said:

But how about a quiz that goes more into the science?

Want to make one?

Likes gracy
I got 7

I got 7/12

6/12