How would i go about becoming a scientist?

• Thread starter levisisme
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientist
In summary, if you are interested in becoming a scientist or electronics technician, taking advanced math courses in high school is recommended. To become an electrician, you should pursue apprenticeships at schools with connections to shops. For a career in electronics, an electrical engineering degree is necessary and for a career in chemistry, a strong background in chemistry and computer science can lead to careers in biomedical imaging or lab work.
levisisme
how would i go about becoming a scientist? or even a Electronics Technician. i am in grade 10, What courses would i need to take? I also would like to know of what importance credits, degrees and diplomas are. kthnxbye

Physics news on Phys.org

levisisme said:
how would i go about becoming a scientist? or even a Electronics Technician. i am in grade 10, What courses would i need to take? I also would like to know of what importance credits, degrees and diplomas are. kthnxbye

It all depends on what specific scientific field you'd like to enter. Advanced math classes now will help with all of them. Any ideas of what specific field you'd be interested in?

i'm not too sure, i am very interested in chemistry, as well as advancing technology (pretty sure that would fall under engineering tho). I also like physics, math, and the universe (space related).

levisisme said:
I also like physics, math, and the universe (space related).
That's not electronics, that's aerospace engineering, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, physics and assorted related fields.

I'm bringing this in from your other thread 'cause it got closed:
levisisme said:
In the field of electronics, it is best to have multiple degrees i have been told, so i plan to get plenty withing my interest range.
What is your interest?
If you want to be an electrician, you want a school that has connections to shops you can do your apprenticeship at. If you want to make electronics, you need an electrical engineering degree. You can do both-I have a friend who is-but do you want to?

Well, i was planning on going to BCIT since i live in BC. They have some electronics technician core programs that i was thinking of taking. I also want to take chemistry and computer sciences. Any idea of a career that applies, 1-2-3 of these.

levisisme said:
Well, i was planning on going to BCIT since i live in BC. They have some electronics technician core programs that i was thinking of taking. I also want to take chemistry and computer sciences. Any idea of a career that applies, 1-2-3 of these.
Electronics tech + comp sci = it staff, 'specially help desk and maintenance
chemistry + comp sci = biomedical imaging/computational modeling
chemistry + electronics = lab tech

1. What education do I need to become a scientist?

To become a scientist, you will typically need a bachelor's degree in a scientific field such as biology, chemistry, physics, or environmental science. Some positions may require a master's or doctoral degree, depending on the specific field of study.

2. What skills are important for a career in science?

Some important skills for a career in science include critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. It is also important to have a strong foundation in math and computer science, as well as the ability to work well in a team.

3. How can I gain research experience as a scientist?

One way to gain research experience as a scientist is to participate in undergraduate research programs or internships. You can also seek out research opportunities through your university or reach out to professors to inquire about research assistant positions. Additionally, publishing research papers or presenting at conferences can also demonstrate your research experience.

4. What types of jobs can I have as a scientist?

There are many different types of jobs available for scientists, depending on your specific field of study. Some common job titles include research scientist, lab technician, data analyst, science writer, and science teacher. You can also work in a variety of industries such as healthcare, technology, environmental conservation, and government agencies.

5. How can I stay updated on the latest advancements in my field as a scientist?

To stay updated on the latest advancements in your field, it is important to regularly read scientific journals and attend conferences and workshops. You can also join professional organizations related to your field and network with other scientists to stay informed about new research and developments.