• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

How would i go about becoming a scientist?

• Thread starter levisisme
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

how would i go about becoming a scientist? or even a Electronics Technician. i am in grade 10, What courses would i need to take? I also would like to know of what importance credits, degrees and diplomas are. kthnxbye

Answers and Replies

how would i go about becoming a scientist? or even a Electronics Technician. i am in grade 10, What courses would i need to take? I also would like to know of what importance credits, degrees and diplomas are. kthnxbye
It all depends on what specific scientific field you'd like to enter. Advanced math classes now will help with all of them. Any ideas of what specific field you'd be interested in?

i'm not too sure, i am very interested in chemistry, as well as advancing technology (pretty sure that would fall under engineering tho). I also like physics, math, and the universe (space related).

I also like physics, math, and the universe (space related).
That's not electronics, that's aerospace engineering, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, physics and assorted related fields.

I'm bringing this in from your other thread 'cause it got closed:
In the field of electronics, it is best to have multiple degrees i have been told, so i plan to get plenty withing my interest range.
What is your interest?
If you want to be an electrician, you want a school that has connections to shops you can do your apprenticeship at. If you want to make electronics, you need an electrical engineering degree. You can do both-I have a friend who is-but do you want to?

Well, i was planning on going to BCIT since i live in BC. They have some electronics technician core programs that i was thinking of taking. I also want to take chemistry and computer sciences. Any idea of a career that applies, 1-2-3 of these.

Well, i was planning on going to BCIT since i live in BC. They have some electronics technician core programs that i was thinking of taking. I also want to take chemistry and computer sciences. Any idea of a career that applies, 1-2-3 of these.
Electronics tech + comp sci = it staff, 'specially help desk and maintenance
chemistry + comp sci = biomedical imaging/computational modeling
chemistry + electronics = lab tech