Hows it going, new guy here.

• Thread starter Robert4149
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Well, hello people of the forum. I finally registered on here(I have known about this place for a few months, but i have not been on it very long.) But this places seems interesting. And since school is about to start, might as well say hello and get to know you guys. Here is some stuff about me.

Well first off, my name is Robert. I am 16 and a junior in high school. I have recently found physics more appealing than my other choices. Which were Psychology and biology. But on the certain field i find interesting, it is hard to say, since there seem like there are so many different types of fields in physics.(Any books or sights that may help me narrow my interest?) And once school starts and i'm on here reading, I hope my understanding gets better.

So hows the weather? Me, it finally rained(i live in texas) and I was happy that it did.

Answers and Replies

jtbell
Mentor
Welcome, Robert! What's your favorite fish, for starters?

Angel Fish. Cause I find the irony on how aggressive they are contradict their name.

jtbell
Mentor
OK, pretend this is an angelfish, then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

You have now been properly initiated into PF. :biggrin:

turbo
Gold Member
Hi, Robert! And welcome!

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Welcome! The only suggestions I have in regards to figuring out which area of science to look into is to just look into everything you can and try to find something that seems to pull at your interest more than the other things.

drizzle
Gold Member
Welcome to the forums Roberts. Hope you enjoy it here. :smile: