Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hows it going, new guy here.

1. Aug 18, 2012 #1
    Well, hello people of the forum. I finally registered on here(I have known about this place for a few months, but i have not been on it very long.) But this places seems interesting. And since school is about to start, might as well say hello and get to know you guys. Here is some stuff about me.

Well first off, my name is Robert. I am 16 and a junior in high school. I have recently found physics more appealing than my other choices. Which were Psychology and biology. But on the certain field i find interesting, it is hard to say, since there seem like there are so many different types of fields in physics.(Any books or sights that may help me narrow my interest?) And once school starts and i'm on here reading, I hope my understanding gets better.

So hows the weather? Me, it finally rained(i live in texas) and I was happy that it did.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2012 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Welcome, Robert! What's your favorite fish, for starters?

4. Aug 18, 2012 #3
    Angel Fish. Cause I find the irony on how aggressive they are contradict their name.

5. Aug 18, 2012 #4

jtbell

OK, pretend this is an angelfish, then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

You have now been properly initiated into PF. :biggrin:

6. Aug 18, 2012 #5

turbo

Gold Member

Hi, Robert! And welcome!

7. Aug 18, 2012 #6

Drakkith

Welcome! The only suggestions I have in regards to figuring out which area of science to look into is to just look into everything you can and try to find something that seems to pull at your interest more than the other things.

8. Aug 19, 2012 #7

drizzle

Gold Member

Welcome to the forums Roberts. Hope you enjoy it here. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook