What Resources Can Help a High School Junior Explore Physics?

• Thread starter Robert4149
  • Start date
In summary, Robert, a 16-year-old junior in high school, has recently become interested in physics and is looking for resources to help narrow down his interests within the field. He also mentions his love for Angel Fish and is warmly welcomed by other forum members. They suggest exploring different areas of science to find a specific interest.
Robert4149
Well, hello people of the forum. I finally registered on here(I have known about this place for a few months, but i have not been on it very long.) But this places seems interesting. And since school is about to start, might as well say hello and get to know you guys. Here is some stuff about me.

Well first off, my name is Robert. I am 16 and a junior in high school. I have recently found physics more appealing than my other choices. Which were Psychology and biology. But on the certain field i find interesting, it is hard to say, since there seem like there are so many different types of fields in physics.(Any books or sights that may help me narrow my interest?) And once school starts and I'm on here reading, I hope my understanding gets better.

So hows the weather? Me, it finally rained(i live in texas) and I was happy that it did.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, Robert! What's your favorite fish, for starters?

Angel Fish. Cause I find the irony on how aggressive they are contradict their name.

OK, pretend this is an angelfish, then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

You have now been properly initiated into PF. :biggrin:

Hi, Robert! And welcome!

Welcome! The only suggestions I have in regards to figuring out which area of science to look into is to just look into everything you can and try to find something that seems to pull at your interest more than the other things.

Welcome to the forums Roberts. Hope you enjoy it here. :smile:

1. How can I help you get settled in?

Thank you for asking! As a new guy, I would appreciate any tips or guidance you can provide on navigating the workplace and getting to know my colleagues. Also, if there are any specific tasks or projects you think I could contribute to, please let me know.

2. What is your background and experience?

I have a degree in [specific field] and have worked as a [specific job title] for [number of years] years. My experience includes [specific skills or projects], which I believe will be valuable in this role.

3. What do you hope to achieve in this new position?

I am excited to learn and grow in this new role. My goal is to contribute to the team and the company with my skills and experience, while also continuing to develop professionally.

4. What challenges do you anticipate facing in this new position?

As with any new job, there will be a learning curve. I anticipate challenges in understanding the company's processes and procedures, as well as getting to know my new colleagues and their working styles. However, I am confident that with support and guidance, I will be able to overcome these challenges successfully.

5. Is there anything we can do to make your transition smoother?

Thank you for asking! Clear communication and providing me with necessary resources and training will greatly aid in my transition. Additionally, introducing me to key team members and including me in team meetings and activities will help me feel more integrated into the company culture. I appreciate your support in making my transition smoother.