Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Hp/Kw required to move 1.5L/m of diesel fuel at 17.2 Bar?

1. Dec 1, 2018 #1
    How much Hp/Kw required to move 1.5L/m of Diesel fuel at 17.2 Bar? Please note this is for a real life problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2018 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Power is pressure times volumetric flow rate.

4. Dec 1, 2018 #3
    So what units of power is that in? Kw?

5. Dec 1, 2018 #4

russ_watters

You'll need to pick the units and do the proper conversions. So, what is a kW?

6. Dec 1, 2018 #5
    kW=Kilowatt that is 1000 watts. Sorry I assumed everything here was metric or nothing and that people here would know units of power. I need to stop making assumptions. It seems most of this forum isn't really tuned to these sort of questions by looking at the popular topics discussed.

7. Dec 1, 2018 #6

russ_watters

What is a watt?
    It is.
    Patience. I know what a watt is and I know the conversion I'm asking you to do. I'm trying to lead you to the answer, not hand it to you.

So: what is a Watt? By that, I mean, what units are combined to form it?

8. Dec 1, 2018 #7
    Okay wise guy, you want to get smart with me? Look I am just searching for a quick answer. I am not going down an absurd route of columbs, amperes, volts, watts, kilopascales, and newton meters. Time is money and I have none to waist good day.

9. Dec 1, 2018 #8

russ_watters

Sorry, that isn't how this forum works. It's better for you (and probably us) if you learn how to find the answer than for us to just hand it to you.
    It's too bad: thisn't a hard problem and you could have learned how to do it by now if you hadn't wasted your (and our) time complaining about it and instead just followed me through it.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted