Hyperphysics (GSU) Down: Find Out What's Going On

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, the Hyperphysics website, a popular reference for physics developed by faculty at Georgia State University, has been down for a couple of days. However, it is now back up and may have been upgraded, as indicated by the updated copyright. Some users suggest getting the CD version as well.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
GSU's Hyperphysics down for the moment. :frown:

Many people here reference articles on the Hyperphysics website (Georgia State University). It has been down for a couple of days.

It is an excellent reference for physics. It was developed by faculty in the Department of Physics and Astronomy (http://www.phy-astr.gsu.edu/new_web/newmain.html ) as a reference for both undergraduate and graduate students. Lot of cools stuff they do! :smile:

I emailed Rod Nave (Hyperphysics admin) to find out what's up. I'll post a status once I get a response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love that site and use it constantly. Keep us posted. (Maybe they are upgrading?)

1. What is Hyperphysics (GSU) Down?

Hyperphysics (GSU) Down is a website created by the Georgia State University physics department that provides interactive physics simulations, tutorials, and reference material for students and educators.

2. Why is Hyperphysics (GSU) Down not working?

There could be a variety of reasons why the website is not working. It could be undergoing maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties. It is also possible that there is an issue with your internet connection or device.

3. Is Hyperphysics (GSU) Down free to use?

Yes, Hyperphysics (GSU) Down is completely free to use. It is a public service provided by the Georgia State University physics department.

4. Can I use Hyperphysics (GSU) Down for educational purposes?

Yes, Hyperphysics (GSU) Down is a valuable resource for students and educators. It is frequently used in classrooms and for independent learning.

5. How can I report a problem with Hyperphysics (GSU) Down?

If you encounter any issues with the website, you can report them by clicking the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the homepage. This will direct you to a form where you can submit your issue and receive assistance.