Could Our Universe Be Inside a Giant Black Hole?

In summary, Joetrue believes that we are in the center of the universe and that the universe defined by our theories constitute only a center of i don't know what. He is unsure if his own theory works or not, but he plans to test it out.
A_I_
mm...
lately i have been thinking of an hypothesis about black holes..
it is not completely on the Bh's level
but includes a higher level..
a universal level..

Is there a probability of a gigantic black hole that envelopes our universe and is shrinking it?
and that could explain the notion of inifinity...
let's stay the whole universe is being shrunk by this gigantic BH,
therefore it ends up by a point..
afterwards.. when it has concentrated all of the existing mass.. it divulges and expand..
this could explain the theory of expansion and contraction..
let's say if we are now expanding..
it will have a spherical motion.. the force diffused from the black hole is expanded towards a south gravitational field and then pulled north where it is contracted..

well it is very difficult to explain for me since i am still a 17 year old senior student at high school..
but maybe an illustration can help me..
i need some materials..
it's not now in my hands..
thus, i will wait

Joe

Physics news on Phys.org
true, i like the way you discuss stuff :P. On to the curved space bit. I was in the bath the other day when i noticed something, a way to show curved space was right under my right arm. A single bubble floating on the surface, and i noticed something, it created a dent in the water (obviously not very big) but when it came close to smaller bubbles they connected and started to spin around the bigger bubble. i thought it was a great way to show it in a nice and easy way, but its really good to see it happen yourself even if it is just in the bath with some bubbles.

A_I_ said:
Is there a probability of a gigantic black hole that envelopes our universe and is shrinking it?

Actually i have already discussed this and i believe someone else has already theorized this. My own thinking is that we are thinking too small about the center of the universe and actually we are inside the center, it is just so big we can't see the edge of the middle yet.

well i guess that bubble sliding is due to forces of friction on the sphere (big bubble).. i didn't understand how did u relate BHs to your observation?

i said at the start i wanted to discuss black holes and curved space, that was on curved space.

ok now i understand what you have meant;
but if u suggest that we are in the center of the universe
otherwise said: "the universe defined by our theories constitute only a center of i don't know what"
are you trying to say that it infinite?
because in what i have theorized (i didn't read it anywhere)
i didn't say it is infinite

no, i said that your theory has already been done, the theory i then listed afterwards is my own and nothing to do with your black hole theory, i don't think that your theory works myself but i could be wrong.

What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region of space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it. This is due to the extreme curvature of space-time caused by a large amount of matter being compressed into a small space.

How are black holes formed?

Black holes are formed when a massive star collapses in on itself at the end of its life. This collapse causes the star's core to become infinitely dense, creating a singularity, which is the center of a black hole.

Can we see black holes?

Black holes themselves cannot be seen as they do not emit any light. However, we can observe the effects of black holes on their surroundings, such as the distortion of light and the movement of nearby objects.

Do black holes last forever?

According to our current understanding of physics, black holes do not last forever. They slowly lose mass over time through a process called Hawking radiation, eventually evaporating completely.

What is the importance of studying black holes?

Studying black holes can help us better understand the laws of physics and the behavior of matter under extreme conditions. It also allows us to explore the mysteries of the universe and potentially discover new information about the origins of our universe.