What are your experiences with PF?

• Thread starter Em!ly
  • Start date
In summary, one newbie has already fled the site, and it seems like there's a lot of twisted souls here who want to scare newcomers away. There's a lot of interesting discussions on the site, and it might be a good idea to start at General Discussion and get to know the other members before jumping into the scientific discussions.
Em!ly
i am new here and don't know much about pf.:blushing:
i appreciate if you share your experience with me.:shy:

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you related to Lisa!?

Welcome to PF :smile:

Welcome! I hope you stay a while!

Welcome to PF.

Please leave your sanity by the door.

If I, and a few others around here, share our experiences with you, you'll run screaming from the site and never be heard from again.
It's best if you just ease into it and find out about us the hard way. :devil:

Danger said:
If I, and a few others around here, share our experiences with you, you'll run screaming from the site and never be heard from again.
It's best if you just ease into it and find out about us the hard way. :devil:

How many neophytes have we scared off in the past month anyway? Quite a few I imagine. One more couldn't hurt :devil: .

BOO!

Yeah, I must say that our newbie retention record is pretty dismal. :frown:

Welcome to PF, Em!ly!

You may want to start at General Discussion to get to know the other members, or you can jump right into the best scientific discussion you'll find on the web.

Let's start here: I presume you like science since you're here, so which type of science are you interested in?

welcome, watch out, these guys are pretty good at dropping your ego XD

Hi Em!ly, welcome...the excape hatches are to the right and left of the screen, in the event we should loose altitude, maskes will drop from the overhead banner, please be sure yours is fastened correctly befor aiding other posters with theres. We hope you have a pleasant flight, and thank you for flying Physicsforums.com

Last edited:
Wow! Another wise person with a beautiful UN.
You're very very welcome here, Em!ly.:smile:

Em!ly said:
i am new here and don't know much about pf.:blushing:
i appreciate if you share your experience with me.:shy:
There are some really twisted souls around here, so watch your back!

Has anybody seen her since the first post? :uhh:

I think we did it again, Franz.

hypatia said:
Hi Em!ly, welcome...the excape hatches are to the right and left of the screen, in the event we should loose altitude, maskes will drop from the overhead banner, please be sure yours is fastened correctly befor aiding other posters with theres. We hope you have a pleasant flight, and thank you for flying Physicsforums.com
:rofl: Yes, that sort of advice seems mandatory now that all the guru award winners have wings on their lapels. :biggrin:

Welcome to PF Em!ly. What are your interests? There's really something for everyone here...everything from homework help to serious science discussions to the insane asylum down here in the lounge. :biggrin:

Good morning!
I've just signed up too - will see what this forum brings me, or what I may be able to bring to the forum. :)

I can't believe we already scared her off...

Might be a new record.

I suppose walking into PF is like walking into a party catered by the local insane assylum

I'm interest in physics and poultary science(It's my field)and I'm looking for a scholarship in a appropriete university,Is there anyone around here who can help me?(for example dose your univesity give scholarship...)

Might be best to post that question in the Academic & Career Guidance threads.

Em!ly said:
poultary science(It's my field)
You study chickens?

Danger said:
You study chickens?
I saw this commercial for a fast-food place that sells chicken "strips" as opposed to chicken "nuggets". They had a team of scientists looking at a chicken trying to determine where the nuggets were. The tag line was "No one has ever been able to find the nuggets on a chicken". I assume by that statement that there is still a lot of ongoing research in this area.

Oh well... no matter how fowl a subject it might be, I guess somebody has to keep pecking away at it.

Oh crap; what have I done? Now Artman will be playing with this for a week.

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/forums/images/smilies/groan.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats worse White Castles now sells chicken O's, Now you tell me what part of a chicken comes in O shapes?

Eggs. (Well, you have to extrapolate a little...) :uhh:

hypatia said:
Whats worse White Castles now sells chicken O's, Now you tell me what part of a chicken comes in O shapes?
Oh, l'oeil, oui?

Danger said:
Well, you have to extrapolate a little...

Woudn't that be eggstrapolate? you had that comin'

I think Hypatia means that they come in a ring shape. Kinda like a chicken gasket, I guess.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Woudn't that be eggstrapolate? you had that comin'
I think Hypatia means that they come in a ring shape. Kinda like a chicken gasket, I guess.
And it probably tastes about the same.

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/forums/images/smilies/groan.gif (I had to steal that...we've needed it for a long time!)

Math Is Hard said:
I saw this commercial for a fast-food place that sells chicken "strips" as opposed to chicken "nuggets". They had a team of scientists looking at a chicken trying to determine where the nuggets were. The tag line was "No one has ever been able to find the nuggets on a chicken". I assume by that statement that there is still a lot of ongoing research in this area.

That was for Carls Jr. i think... It was hilarious so it had to have been from Carls jr. Carls jr has a monopoly on all hilarious fast food commercials.

The only thing I can think of, chicken 0's come from the part of the chicken that goes over the fence last...yep chicken booty!

Pengwuino said:
That was for Carls Jr. i think... It was hilarious so it had to have been from Carls jr. Carls jr has a monopoly on all hilarious fast food commercials.
I think here it was Hardees. I think they're owned by the same company?

hypatia said:
Might be best to post that question in the Academic & Career Guidance threads.

I've posted my qustion in the Academic & Career before ,but nobody helps me.:cry:

Hi Em!ly. Here are three:

Penn State: http://poultry.cas.psu.edu/Scholarships.html
Mississippi State: http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/PoulSci.html
Texas A&M: http://gallus.tamu.edu/Scholarship.htm

If you google for "Poultry Science Scholarship" you will find many more.

Thanx a lot for your help ,Math Is Hard.