I can't determine the capacitive and inductive resistance of the circuit

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Michael_0039
Messages
59
Reaction score
7
Homework Statement
Specify the currents and the voltage drop of the elements. The circuit is working for a sufficiently long time.
Relevant Equations
nil
Hi,

I'm trying to solve this but it becomes difficult. I'm using KCL and I repalce ZL = j0,1ω (Ω) , ZC=... etc.
Finding 3 equations with 3 unknown variables (plus the ω).
And now is the time for Cramer's rule.

I'm not sure if I should move on.

What do you say ? I'm on track ?

Thanks.
..
Καταγραφή.PNG
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What does the circuit look like when it "is working for a sufficiently long time ". Draw that to show us that you first understand the implications before you try to go further because if you don't have that right, you'll just get lost and if you do have it right you'll see that the circuit is fairly straightforward.
 
phinds said:
What does the circuit look like when it "is working for a sufficiently long time "...
I'm not sure for that, it is a note.
 
I think that the key is this note. After a "sufficiently long time" the inductor act like a wire and the current through the capacitor is zero. (Μisleading)
 
Michael_0039 said:
I think that the key is this note. After a "sufficiently long time" the inductor act like a wire and the current through the capacitor is zero. (Μisleading)
Exactly. So draw that circuit.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Michael_0039
And by the way, if you don't completely understand WHY the note says what it says, you should worry about that first. Understanding that is WAY more important that just being able to solve this particular problem.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Michael_0039
phinds said:
And by the way, if you don't completely understand WHY the note says what it says, you should worry about that first. Understanding that is WAY more important that just being able to solve this particular problem.
So @Michael_0039 , did you take that hint? Why is that important? What are the equations for a L and for a C?
 
1.PNG

For constant I, V=0

2.PNG

For constant V, I=0
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and anorlunda