I can't determine the capacitive and inductive resistance of the circuit

In summary, the conversation is about solving a circuit problem using KCL and finding 3 equations with 3 unknown variables. The use of Cramer's rule is mentioned, but the person is not sure if they should move on. The other person advises drawing the circuit when it is "working for a sufficiently long time" to better understand the problem. They also stress the importance of understanding the key note about the inductor and capacitor in the circuit. The equations for L and C are mentioned and the importance of understanding them is emphasized.
Michael_0039
Homework Statement
Specify the currents and the voltage drop of the elements. The circuit is working for a sufficiently long time.
Relevant Equations
nil
Hi,

I'm trying to solve this but it becomes difficult. I'm using KCL and I repalce ZL = j0,1ω (Ω) , ZC=... etc.
Finding 3 equations with 3 unknown variables (plus the ω).
And now is the time for Cramer's rule.

I'm not sure if I should move on.

What do you say ? I'm on track ?

Thanks.
Καταγραφή.PNG

Physics news on Phys.org
What does the circuit look like when it "is working for a sufficiently long time ". Draw that to show us that you first understand the implications before you try to go further because if you don't have that right, you'll just get lost and if you do have it right you'll see that the circuit is fairly straightforward.

phinds said:
What does the circuit look like when it "is working for a sufficiently long time "...
I'm not sure for that, it is a note.

I think that the key is this note. After a "sufficiently long time" the inductor act like a wire and the current through the capacitor is zero. (Μisleading)

Michael_0039 said:
I think that the key is this note. After a "sufficiently long time" the inductor act like a wire and the current through the capacitor is zero. (Μisleading)
Exactly. So draw that circuit.

Likes Michael_0039
And by the way, if you don't completely understand WHY the note says what it says, you should worry about that first. Understanding that is WAY more important that just being able to solve this particular problem.

Likes Michael_0039
pics.PNG

piece of cake

phinds said:
And by the way, if you don't completely understand WHY the note says what it says, you should worry about that first. Understanding that is WAY more important that just being able to solve this particular problem.
So @Michael_0039 , did you take that hint? Why is that important? What are the equations for a L and for a C?

1.PNG

For constant I, V=0

2.PNG

For constant V, I=0

Likes berkeman and anorlunda

What is capacitive and inductive resistance?

Capacitive and inductive resistance are two types of impedance that can occur in an electrical circuit. Capacitive resistance is caused by the presence of capacitors, which store and release electrical energy. Inductive resistance, on the other hand, is caused by the presence of inductors, which resist changes in the flow of electrical current.

Why is it important to determine the capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit?

Determining the capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit is important because it allows us to understand how the circuit will behave and how to properly design and troubleshoot it. It also helps us to calculate the total impedance of the circuit, which is necessary for proper functioning.

How can I determine the capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit?

The capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit can be determined through various methods, such as using a multimeter or calculating it from the known values of capacitance and inductance. It can also be determined through the use of specialized instruments, such as an LCR meter.

What factors can affect the capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit?

The capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit can be affected by various factors such as the frequency of the electrical signal, the type and quality of components used, and the overall design of the circuit. Environmental factors such as temperature and humidity can also have an impact.

What are some common issues that can arise when determining the capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit?

Some common issues that can arise when determining the capacitive and inductive resistance of a circuit include incorrect measurements due to equipment malfunction, improper connections, and interference from other nearby circuits. It is important to carefully follow proper procedures and double-check measurements to ensure accuracy.