Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

1. Jul 16, 2008 #1
    So I was talking to someone, and mentioned that a local atheist group was having a bbq. The response I got was this:

"You don't believe in anything, you don't deserve to have get togethers" (emphasis mine)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2008 #2

WTF are you getting at?
  4. Jul 17, 2008 #3
  5. Jul 17, 2008 #4

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

That's sad for America.
  6. Jul 17, 2008 #5
    That's in Canada :(
  7. Jul 17, 2008 #6
    You must be joking? :D It feels good to live in the most secular country in the world. God, I really don't like the theists. Although they deserve respect when you address them and socialize. But people who say stuff like that in OP's post should be trolled with no mercy.
  8. Jul 17, 2008 #7
    that is sooooooooooooooo sad.... i agree people are free to believe in what ever they like but the population of this kind of people is a really factor for each society... it is sooooooooo sad...
  9. Jul 17, 2008 #8
    Yeah. You people don't even have churches. Where would you get together anyway? :tongue:
  10. Jul 17, 2008 #9

They're confusing Atheism with Nihilism
  11. Jul 17, 2008 #10
    nothing wrong with someone being nihilist...
  12. Jul 17, 2008 #11
    We had a good laugh over this at the local gathering of solipsists. Then we cried.
  13. Jul 17, 2008 #12
    Wow =0
  14. Jul 17, 2008 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Funny, I don't remember anyone else being there.
  15. Jul 18, 2008 #14

Gold Member

16. Jul 20, 2008 #15
    maze: That is correct. Nothing wrong with being a nihilist. Many people are without them knowing.
  17. Jul 20, 2008 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

18. Jul 20, 2008 #17

It's not what people believe in to determine whether or not they should be trusted. My roomate used to be a Muslim, whenever he saw me around, he would pray, or else he would ignore and had some fun with computer in the lab, most of his talks were full of lies, we still were together. I think I still owed him a lot, although I do know after my leave, what he talked about me is not true.
  19. Jul 26, 2008 #18

What kind of muslim was him/her!!!!!! talking in back of others is a FORBIDDEN rule in Islam ;)) ;))

s/he should make fun of him/her self!!! s/he has a tag on him/her self without even believing in it.... lets change your sentence to this one!:
    It's not what people say that they believe in to determine whether or not they should be trusted; we have to see what they believe in their manner and acts...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?