I get to a dead end with the 5th part

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about solving for the inverse of a linear transformation given a specific equation. The person trying to solve it initially got stuck and asked for help. They were then given a suggestion to multiply both sides by the inverse and continued to explain their solution. The expert then pointed out a simpler solution and clarified the concept of inverses. The conversation ended with the person realizing their mistake and stating the answer.
Physics news on Phys.org
I had already answered this. Please stop double posting.

You are given that A2- A= -I for linear transformation A and you are asked to find A-1. In your solution you multiply both sides by A-1 (as I had suggested before) and get A- I= -A-1. Then you do a lot of things that I don't understand.

Just multiply on both sides by -1 to get A-1= I- A. What more do you want?

ohhh that's the answer
i thought that we need toeliminate A totaly

Actually, way back where you had A(A- I)=-I you could have written that as A(I-A)= I and said "Since I-A, multiplying A give the identity, I-A must be the inverse of A!"

1. What is the meaning of a "dead end" in the context of the 5th part?

In this context, a "dead end" refers to a point in the fifth part where further progress or solutions seem impossible to achieve. It may also indicate that all potential options have been exhausted.

2. How can I overcome a dead end in the 5th part?

Overcoming a dead end in the 5th part may require re-evaluating the problem, seeking outside perspectives or advice, and approaching it from a different angle. It may also involve experimentation and trial and error to find a solution.

3. Is encountering a dead end in the 5th part a common occurrence?

Yes, it is common to encounter dead ends in any scientific research or problem-solving process. It is a natural part of the scientific method and can lead to new insights and discoveries.

4. Can a dead end in the 5th part be a valuable learning experience?

Absolutely. Dead ends can provide valuable lessons and help scientists refine their methods and approaches. They can also lead to unexpected discoveries and breakthroughs.

5. Should I give up if I reach a dead end in the 5th part?

No, it is important to persist and continue exploring different avenues and solutions. Dead ends are not permanent and often lead to new and exciting paths of research. It is crucial to stay determined and open-minded.