I got my LAPTOP!

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I purchased my very first computer just a few days ago and now I got it today in the mail!

For those who saw my thread last time, you knew that I was looking for a new computer. In the end, I settled for a used one.

It's absolutely fantastic!

Here is what I got:

Dell Inspiron 8000

Intel Pentium III (700mhz)
512mb of RAM
40GB of Hard Drive
DVD Drive
CD-RW Drive (Removable)
Floppy Drive (Removable)
15 Inch Screen
Windows XP Profesional

The extra stuff...

Microsoft Wireless Mouse
2 Batteries
2 Adapters
Wireless PC Card
Slim SCSI Adapter PC Card
Dell Carrying Case

It's an incredible deal! I paid $300CDN (total).

Everything looks brand new. The only evidence that it might have been used is some, but very little, wear on the keys. Everything else looks untouched. :surprised

Yes, it's not as fast or light as I wanted, but it will do. The price for all the extra stuff alone is almost $300! Everything still has the original bag and case that it came in. In the end, I saved at least $500 going with this.

I'm typing on it as we speak!!! :biggrin:

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
WOOHOO!!!!!!

GIVE IT TO ME. :grumpy:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
You don't want this. You want a Teddy Ruxpin!

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Way to go JR!

Make sure you create a rescue disk.

My daughter's OS got hosed, and I order a rescue disk from HP - 3 weeks ago. :grumpy: I called them a little more than a week ago to follow up on the order, and they said it hadn't been shipped, but promised to take care of it - expedite the person said. I still don't have it. :grumpy: :grumpy:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
Way to go JR!

My daughter's OS got hosed, and I order a rescue disk from HP - 3 weeks ago. :grumpy: I called them a little more than a week ago to follow up on the order, and they said it hadn't been shipped, but promised to take care of it - expedite the person said. I still don't have it. :grumpy: :grumpy:
What's a rescue disk?

JamesU
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
Way to go JR!

the same thing happened to me with HP...I waited a few months and finally just ordered it again

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Are you guys talking about the Windows XP?

I got the CD with the key and everything. It's a legit CD.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
JasonRox said:
You don't want this. You want a Teddy Ruxpin!
You tell her! :biggrin:

Congrats on the laptop deal! I got mine second-hand also... and have never had a problem with it, of course, it's always hit/miss with that (my previous one was hideous). Be sure to backup important stuff regularly.

I also want Evo to program a Teddy Ruxpin to dominate all the dang Tickle-Me-Elmos...

WTG Jason, you picked a good one, and that is just a fantastic price:bugeye:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
physics girl phd said:
Congrats on the laptop deal! I got mine second-hand also... and have never had a problem with it, of course, it's always hit/miss with that (my previous one was hideous).
Yeah, it's true. The hit-miss thing was making me nervous, especially considering it is off eBay.

Looks brand new, works like new, and so on... no complaints here.