My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, I purchased my very first computer just a few days ago and now I got it today in the mail! It's absolutely fantastic! Everything looks brand new.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I purchased my very first computer just a few days ago and now I got it today in the mail!

For those who saw my thread last time, you knew that I was looking for a new computer. In the end, I settled for a used one.

It's absolutely fantastic!

Here is what I got:

Dell Inspiron 8000

Intel Pentium III (700mhz)
512mb of RAM
40GB of Hard Drive
DVD Drive
CD-RW Drive (Removable)
Floppy Drive (Removable)
15 Inch Screen
Windows XP Profesional

The extra stuff...

Microsoft Wireless Mouse
2 Batteries
2 Adapters
Wireless PC Card
Slim SCSI Adapter PC Card
Dell Carrying Case

It's an incredible deal! I paid $300CDN (total).

Everything looks brand new. The only evidence that it might have been used is some, but very little, wear on the keys. Everything else looks untouched.

Yes, it's not as fast or light as I wanted, but it will do. The price for all the extra stuff alone is almost $300! Everything still has the original bag and case that it came in. In the end, I saved at least $500 going with this.

I'm typing on it as we speak! :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
WOOHOO!

GIVE IT TO ME. :grumpy:

You don't want this. You want a Teddy Ruxpin!

Way to go JR!

Make sure you create a rescue disk.

My daughter's OS got hosed, and I order a rescue disk from HP - 3 weeks ago. :grumpy: I called them a little more than a week ago to follow up on the order, and they said it hadn't been shipped, but promised to take care of it - expedite the person said. I still don't have it. :grumpy: :grumpy:

Astronuc said:
Way to go JR!

My daughter's OS got hosed, and I order a rescue disk from HP - 3 weeks ago. :grumpy: I called them a little more than a week ago to follow up on the order, and they said it hadn't been shipped, but promised to take care of it - expedite the person said. I still don't have it. :grumpy: :grumpy:

What's a rescue disk?

Astronuc said:
Way to go JR!

the same thing happened to me with HP...I waited a few months and finally just ordered it again

Are you guys talking about the Windows XP?

I got the CD with the key and everything. It's a legit CD.

JasonRox said:
You don't want this. You want a Teddy Ruxpin!
You tell her! :biggrin:

Congrats on the laptop deal! I got mine second-hand also... and have never had a problem with it, of course, it's always hit/miss with that (my previous one was hideous). Be sure to backup important stuff regularly.

I also want Evo to program a Teddy Ruxpin to dominate all the dang Tickle-Me-Elmos...

WTG Jason, you picked a good one, and that is just a fantastic price:bugeye:

physics girl phd said:
Congrats on the laptop deal! I got mine second-hand also... and have never had a problem with it, of course, it's always hit/miss with that (my previous one was hideous).

Yeah, it's true. The hit-miss thing was making me nervous, especially considering it is off eBay.

Looks brand new, works like new, and so on... no complaints here.

What is "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!"?

"My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" is a promotional offer for a budget-friendly computer that is designed for children or individuals who are new to technology. It is meant to provide a basic computing experience at an affordable price.

What are the specifications of "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!"?

The specifications of "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" may vary depending on the specific offer, but generally it will have a basic processor, limited storage space, and basic features such as a web browser and word processor. It may also come with pre-installed educational software.

Is "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" suitable for professional or advanced use?

No, "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" is not suitable for professional or advanced use. It is designed for basic tasks such as web browsing, word processing, and simple educational activities. It may not have the processing power or storage capacity to handle more advanced tasks.

Can "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" be upgraded?

It depends on the specific offer, but generally "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" is not designed to be easily upgraded. It may have limited storage space and may not have the necessary hardware components for upgrades. It is intended to be a basic and affordable option for individuals who are new to technology.

Is "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" a good option for children?

Yes, "My First Computer: An Incredible Deal!" is a great option for children who are just starting to learn about technology. It is affordable and has basic features that can help them get familiar with using a computer. However, it is important for parents to monitor and guide their children's usage of the computer and set appropriate restrictions to ensure their safety online.