I have a question on the phase of a frequency response

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
great1122
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I'm currently studying for an exam and came across a question I can't seem to figure out. How exactly do we go about calculating the phase of a frequency response. Here is the question, it for part A) iii.
GW0cMMa.png

Here are the answers to the other parts and the sketch of the magnitude:
zfJSUDp.png

I know you have to add the phases of the H1(w) and H2(w) to get the overall phase but I can't seem to figure out how to get the phase of each one. Any help is appreciated thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
There's a separate forum for homework problems and the like, so, in the future, you should try to use that instead.

For some frequency ##\omega##, ##H_1(e^{j\omega})## and ##H_2(e^{j\omega})## are just a couple of complex numbers, so what is ##\arg(e^{-j2\omega})## and ##\arg(4)##?