Zit Inside the Nose: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of zits, specifically one inside someone's nose. Participants share their own experiences and offer solutions, like using tweezers or waiting for it to run its course. There is also some joking and teasing about the situation. The conversation ends with a witty remark about having one's head stuck up their nose.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh, man this hurts. :frown: Ever get one of those?

Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: This thread means nothing without pictures...

Ooh yes I had one of those once, it was huge. I squeezed the bugger with tweezers in the end, it hurt like billy-o but it was one of the most satisfying experiences in my life.

This thread sure is something...

FrogPad said:
This thread sure is something...

You said it...:yuck:

cyrusabdollahi said:
You said it...:yuck:

as we both pretend it has never happened to us

brewnog said:
Ooh yes I had one of those once, it was huge. I squeezed the bugger with tweezers in the end, it hurt like billy-o but it was one of the most satisfying experiences in my life.
I think I am just going to have to wait it out. Maybe I can put some neo-sporin on it or something.

Math Is Hard said:
I think I am just going to have to wait it out. Maybe I can put some neo-sporin on it or something.

Get thasen round here and I'll sort it out for you...

:eek: :bugeye:

That makes my eyes water just thinking about it! :bugeye: That's one location where the only quick end to the agony is to pop it...if you can get at it!

It has gotten a lot smaller and less sore since yesterday so I guess I'll just let it run it's course. Really annoying, though.

Inside?! I have never had one INSIDE my nose, sounds painful.

That's not a zit. It's your second nose coming in. The first will drop off in a week or two and the new one will take over. Didn't your mama never 'splain this to you?

yah, it is really painful, matt. If I were a gypsy witch and could curse those who crossed me, this would be one of the top afflictions in my arsenal.

oh, no, Zoob! You think it's my "wisdom nose"?! Should I put the old nose under my pillow when it falls off?

Math Is Hard said:
oh, no, Zoob! You think it's my "wisdom nose"?! Should I put the old nose under my pillow when it falls off?
Course! The nose fairy will leave you a dollar for it!

zoobyshoe said:
Course! The nose fairy will leave you a dollar for it!
:biggrin:
I feel a stupid quetion forming in my head.

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, man this hurts. :frown: Ever get one of those?
I get them. :grumpy:

I am a closet compulsive zit popper. If it's near enough to the front, you can turn your nostril inside out enough to get at it.

I have shared too much.

Oh, there are very paiful. Sorry MIH :frown: I think tribdog's solution would consist of knitting needles and bic lighters.

DaveC426913 said:
I am a closet compulsive zit popper. If it's near enough to the front, you can turn your nostril inside out enough to get at it.
wow! Your nose sounds more flexible than a Mongolian gymnast.
Evo said:
I think tribdog's solution would consist of knitting needles and bic lighters.
:rofl: I am almost positive it would. Do you think he is on a first name basis with everyone at his local ER?

I get these quite often which is weird and quite lucky because I never get spots anywhere visible just on my thighs inside my nose. Think yourself lucky it could be on the end of your nose and glowing bright red.

The only time I get a zit inside the nose is when I'm coming down with a cold. It's almost a certain sign that a head cold is on the way.

Kurdt said:
I get these quite often which is weird and quite lucky because I never get spots anywhere visible just on my thighs inside my nose.
Maybe keep your nasal spray and prep H on different shelves?

kurdt said:
I never get spots anywhere visible just on my thighs inside my nose.
DaveC426913 said:
Maybe keep your nasal spray and prep H on different shelves?
Leave him alone, Dave. As Kurdt mentioned, he has a rare disorder and his thighs are inside his nose. Sounds much more uncomfortable than my silly nose zit. I'll stop complaining now and count my blessings.

I've had my nose in many thighs, but never any thighs in my nose.

- Warren

chroot said:
I've had my nose in many thighs, but never any thighs in my nose.

- Warren
:blushing: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to "GD Late Nite".

This thread should be locked right here and tucked into classics before any vandals try to top the untoppable.

Math Is Hard said:
Leave him alone, Dave. As Kurdt mentioned, he has a rare disorder and his thighs are inside his nose. Sounds much more uncomfortable than my silly nose zit. I'll stop complaining now and count my blessings.
Talk about having your head up your...

:uhh: Nah, Zooby was right, I should have left Chroot's post as the ultimate witty remark for this thread. :rofl:

I knew there was a reason I never used to post after having a few beers.

I've never had a zit inside my nose, but I wish I did cause I don't know what a zit smells like.

tribdog said:
I've never had a zit inside my nose, but I wish I did cause I don't know what a zit smells like.
You still wouldn't know, because you'd have a zit inside your nose keeping you from smelling anything properly. :biggrin:

I suppose if you have a zit in your nose, everything smells like zits.

- Warren

Math Is Hard said:
Should I put the old nose under my pillow when it falls off?
That's better than before it falls off; you'd suffocate.

1. What causes zits inside the nose?

Zits inside the nose, also known as nasal acne, can be caused by a variety of factors including hormonal changes, bacteria, and clogged pores. Hormonal changes can lead to an increase in oil production, which can clog pores and result in acne. Bacteria can also play a role in the development of zits inside the nose, as it can infect clogged pores. Additionally, wearing tight-fitting nose jewelry or constantly picking or blowing your nose can also cause zits to form.

2. How can I treat zits inside the nose?

Treating zits inside the nose involves a combination of topical and oral treatments. Topical treatments, such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, can help to kill bacteria and unclog pores. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed by a doctor to help reduce inflammation and kill bacteria. In more severe cases, a doctor may also recommend a corticosteroid injection to reduce inflammation and promote healing.

3. Are there any home remedies for zits inside the nose?

While there is no one-size-fits-all home remedy for zits inside the nose, some people have found relief by using warm compresses, tea tree oil, or apple cider vinegar. However, it is important to consult with a doctor before trying any home remedies, as they may not be suitable for everyone and could potentially worsen the condition.

4. How can I prevent zits inside the nose?

To prevent zits inside the nose, it is important to maintain good hygiene and avoid picking or blowing your nose too aggressively. It is also recommended to avoid wearing tight-fitting nose jewelry and to regularly clean and disinfect any nose piercings. Additionally, incorporating a gentle facial cleanser and exfoliator into your skincare routine can help to prevent clogged pores and acne.

5. When should I see a doctor for zits inside the nose?

If your zits inside the nose are persistent, painful, or accompanied by other symptoms such as fever, it is important to see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. A doctor may also be able to determine if there is an underlying issue, such as a hormonal imbalance, that is contributing to the zits. Additionally, if home remedies and over-the-counter treatments are not providing relief, a doctor may be able to prescribe stronger medication to help clear up the acne.