I need a green light bulb like this

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So I have a hilarious idea waiting to be exploded onto the world and I need a green light bulb. I have this bulb

t8suae.jpg

that is a 2.5V 0.3A incandescent bulb. I'm not entirely sure I know how to determine the type of base, but I could probably grab a micrometer and some diagrams and figure it out. Does anyone know where I could buy a green version of this bulb? How do they even make green versions of bulbs? Just colorizing the glass? Can something be sprayed over to make this white bulb a green one?

IDEAS ARE HAPPENING!!!

Do these come in compact flourescent versions as well? This one is in a light fixture that's powered by AA batteries and I'd love a bulb that's more efficient :)

I WUV U PF!!! DISCUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers and Replies

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Just colorizing the glass? Can something be sprayed over to make this white bulb a green one?
'swhat I did for Christmas one year. I had strands of white lights and I wanted blue lights. So I used a magic marker on them. It's OK for a while. Won't stand up to much weathering. How long does your idea need to last?

There's like this new super crazy invention I've been heard about recently thats sort of like a light bulb but not. Its like really efficient, cheap, and comes in a lot of different colors. I think its called like a LED or something.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sigh...they're called "lamps". You want bulbs? Go to a garden store.

Danger
Gold Member
You could also do it the way that I did to get orange, red and blue for a fake fireplace. Talk to a band at your local bar. They're bound to have damaged or excess pieces of the gels that they use for their stage lights. You'll get the things for free, and they're guaranteed to not melt under 1,000 W at point-blank range.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Green paint. Or a marker.

lol too funny

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Pengwino, you can't make a green light unless you get a green light from the government.

I think it's Rule 22. o:)

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Does this help?
Green light bulbs.
I should have mentioned that it needs to go into the same base as the light bulb in the picture :P. That's the problem I'm having, it seems hard enough to find light bulbs that small in the first place.

'swhat I did for Christmas one year. I had strands of white lights and I wanted blue lights. So I used a magic marker on them. It's OK for a while. Won't stand up to much weathering. How long does your idea need to last?
10 minutes :)

There's like this new super crazy invention I've been heard about recently thats sort of like a light bulb but not. Its like really efficient, cheap, and comes in a lot of different colors. I think its called like a LED or something.
And doesn't fit my light bulb socket :P

Go away basil :P

Pengwino, you can't make a green light unless you get a green light from the government.

I think it's Rule 22. o:)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Danger
Gold Member
it seems hard enough to find light bulbs that small in the first place.
Although you don't indicate the scale, that looks like a run-of-the-mill flashlight bulb to me. Most are pointy, but not all. The round ones that I've run across were usually on the back end of hand lanterns, under a red shield, and were flasher units. Not always, though.
You should be able to find them in your local hardware store in the battery display. (At least, that's where we Canucks stash them.) They come in regular or frosted, but not coloured.

You can also use LED lights for this. They will work well for you

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
You can also use LED lights for this. They will work well for you
Have you been reading the thread???