I think I have it, please check

• Thread starter ashleyk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses finding the derivative of a function and using it to find the tangent at a specific point. The derivative is found to be (-2x^2+10x-8)/(x^2-4)^2 and the tangent at point (0, f(0)) is calculated to be y=-.5x+5/4. The person asking for help confirms that the calculations are correct and compliments the method used.
ashleyk
Let f(x) be the function f(x)=(2x-5)/(x^2-4)

I found the derivative to be (-2x^2+10x-8)/(x^2-4)^2

I then had to find the tangent at point (0, f(0)) to be y=-.5x+5/4

Im not sure if it is right from the graph i made on my calculater. Any help would be great!

Physics news on Phys.org
It's correct.

ashleyk said:
Let f(x) be the function f(x)=(2x-5)/(x^2-4)
I found the derivative to be (-2x^2+10x-8)/(x^2-4)^2
I then had to find the tangent at point (0, f(0)) to be y=-.5x+5/4
Im not sure if it is right from the graph i made on my calculater. Any help would be great!

Yes,all the calculations are good.So,apparently,u have used a correct method,else u would have reached an incorrect result.

Keep up the good work!

Daniel.

1. What should I do if I think I have an illness or condition?

If you think you have an illness or condition, it is important to consult a medical professional. They can properly diagnose and treat your symptoms.

2. How do I know if my symptoms are serious and require medical attention?

If your symptoms are severe or persistent, it is always best to seek medical attention. It is better to be safe and get checked by a professional rather than risking your health.

3. Can I self-diagnose based on my symptoms?

No, it is not recommended to self-diagnose based on your symptoms. Many illnesses and conditions have similar symptoms, so it is important to have a proper diagnosis from a medical professional.

4. What information should I provide when asking a doctor to check if I have an illness or condition?

When consulting a doctor, it is helpful to provide a detailed description of your symptoms, when they started, and any other relevant information such as recent travel or exposure to sick individuals.

5. Is it possible to accurately diagnose an illness or condition without seeing a doctor in person?

In some cases, a doctor may be able to make a diagnosis based on virtual consultations and information provided by the patient. However, it is always best to see a doctor in person for a proper examination and diagnosis.