I want to build an electronic device that transmits ultrasound

Main Question or Discussion Point

I want to build an electronic device that transmits ultrasounds (I guess that is in the LF frequency range [?]).

Does anyone know where I can find a kit that creates ultrasounds?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Or does anyone know where I could find schematics of how to build something like that?

Last edited:
I guess what I really mean is an Ultrasound Pulse Generator.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ultrasound is high frequency.

What do you want to do with it?

To shut a neighbors dog up! Essentially I want to build an electronic dog whistle.

Last edited:
berkeman
Mentor
I googled ultrtasonic transmitter kit, and got lots of hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ultrasonic+transmitter+kit

I'm not sure ultrasound will work for quieting the neighbor's dog, though. There are more conventional ways to do that, including talking to the neighbor. And in the end if nothing else works, at least in the US, there is small claims court where you can keep taking the owner to court and winning judgements against them. Talking to the neighbor to work things out usually works, though.

I'm not sure ultrasound will work for quieting the neighbor's dog, though. There are more conventional ways to do that, including talking to the neighbor. And in the end if nothing else works, at least in the US, there is small claims court where you can keep taking the owner to court and winning judgements against them. Talking to the neighbor to work things out usually works, though.
Ya, but how fun is that? I really just want to build it.

berkeman
Mentor
i think the neighbours are duff or they should know that the dog is noisy ...so i say u should << suggestion removed by berkeman >> tommorow morning ... isn't better lol...hey i am kiddin ... don't do it

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman
Mentor
i think the neighbours are duff or they should know that the dog is noisy ...so i say u should << suggestion removed by berkeman >>tommorow morning ... isn't better lol...hey i am kiddin ... don't do it
moe, we don't say things like that here on the PF, even jokingly.

sorry :( i didn't know