I was just wondering if there is any formal proof that two

• Thread starter cyber_paradox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of two perpendicular vectors and their lack of effect on each other. The speaker mentions understanding this concept physically, specifically in regards to gravity's effect on a projectile's horizontal velocity. They then ask if there is any formal proof of this concept, to which the response is that it is quite trivial and cannot be proven further.
cyber_paradox
i was just wondering if there is any formal proof that two perpendicular vectors don't affect each other
i mean i do know that and understand it physically
for example that gravity does not have any affect on the horizontal component of the velocity of a projectile
but is there some proof of this

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello cyber paradox, welcome to physics forums.

What do you think about it?

thanks
i think there must be some proof of it.

do you know any?

You basically said it yourself. Orthogonal vectors can't be projected onto each other, their inner product equals zero. I don't think this can be proven any further, it's quite trivial.

FAQ: I was just wondering if there is any formal proof that two

1. Is there any formal proof that two numbers are always equal?

Yes, the mathematical concept of equality is defined as two quantities being exactly the same in value. This concept is proven through axioms and laws of mathematics.

2. Can you prove that two scientific theories are contradictory?

Yes, through the scientific method, theories are constantly tested and compared to determine their validity. If two theories make contradictory claims, they can be disproven through experimentation and observation.

3. How can you prove that two substances have the same chemical composition?

Chemical analysis can be used to determine the exact composition of a substance, including the types and amounts of elements present. If two substances have the same chemical formula, they are considered to have the same chemical composition.

4. Is there any evidence that two animals of different species can reproduce?

Yes, there are documented cases of animals from different species reproducing, such as ligers (lion and tiger hybrid) and mules (horse and donkey hybrid). However, these instances are rare and often result in offspring that are infertile.

5. Can you provide proof that two people share the same DNA?

Yes, DNA testing can be done to compare the genetic makeup of two individuals. If their DNA sequences are identical, it can be concluded that they share the same DNA. This is often used in paternity tests and criminal investigations.