Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B I was wondering what would happen with these spinning magnets

1. Apr 12, 2016 #1
    So I was thinking about something quickly in science while my Science teacher told me about electromagnets creating electricity and stuff.

Then I thought, what if there was 2 big magnets both negative together creating friction in the middle?(idk)
    Then a nice big pole which transfers Friction into electromagnetic energy is holding the magnets in place, the poles also have a very strong motor. Now, here comes the part where I kind of got stuck and had to really think. The motors turn the pole turning the magnets opposite way(so like 1 of the magnets go one way and the other magnet goes the other way)But the secret I put in it is keeping the motors spinning the magnets on the negative sides creating constant friction in the middle.

I'm not sure on this since I'm still in KS3. Its just an idea I thought of.

Also the magnets would of been non-magnetic iron filled with Copper :)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What is the point of your thought experiment? If you are trying to think up a "perpetual motion machine" (PMM), they do not work and we don't discuss them here.

4. Apr 12, 2016 #3

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I cannot make heads or tails out of your setup. Can you draw a neat diagram, with labels for everything?

5. Apr 12, 2016 #4
    Even if you explain your setup, you still haven't said what the setup supposed to do.

6. Apr 12, 2016 #5

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh boy, you seem to have landed right in it!
    You will only get a proper answer here if your write a specific, proper question. I think, if you consider what you have written and then extract what you want to know, you may get more joy here. :smile:
    One question at a time gets the best results.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted