Iconic Movie Quotes Game: Guess the Movie, Actor & Character!

• Thread starter Kevin McHugh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary: I appreciate you responding to my comments."Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.""I need to believe in something. I need to believe in people. I need to believe that something actually matters in this life.""I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."In summary, members are playing a game where one person posts a famous movie quote and others have to guess the name of the movie, actor/actress, and character's name for one point each. Quotes from various movies are being shared, some are easy and some are more challenging. One member suggested using Google for help, but another member pointed out that it's more fun to try and guess without cheating. The conversation also
Kevin McHugh
Let's play a game. You post a famous quote from a movie. Memebrs can guess the name of the movie, the actor/actress, and the character's name. One point for each. Post several quotes, and keep score!

"You do know how to whistle don't you? You just put put lips together an blow."

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges."

"I'm on top of the world ma."

I'll be back."

The truth? You can't handle the truth."

Three toughies and two easy. Have fun!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ever hear of Google ? a two minute job: to have and have not, blazing saddles white heat terminator few good men ...
And white heat appears to be a misquote :woot:

giphy.gif

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, 1oldman2, OmCheeto and 1 other person
"Do you feel lucky punk?, Do ya?"

rootone said:

BvU said:
Ever hear of Google ? a two minute job: to have and have not, blazing saddles white heat terminator few good men ...
And white heat appears to be a misquote :woot:

Well, if you want to cheat...

And wrong.

#1 To Have and Have Not, Lauren Becall,
#2 Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Alphonso Bedoya, Gold Hat
#3 White Heat, James Cagney, Cody Jarrett
#4 Terminator. Arnold Schwarzenegger
#5 A Few Good Men, Jack Nicholson, Col, Jessup

Last edited:
rootone said:

Dirty Harry, Clint Eastwood, Harry Callahan

Just one? I'm sure you can think of others.

Kevin McHugh said:
Well, if you want to cheat...
And wrong.
#1 Key Kargo, Lauren Becall, Nora Temple
#2 Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Alphonso Bedoya, Gold Hat
Oh yeah ? I think your research is wrong: one misquote (already pointed out) and then:
  • to have and have not is older than Key Largo -- (granted, she does say Steve in between the sentences)
  • and you misquoted #2 -- He does not say that sentence as you typed it. The chap in BS does !
Define cheating ?

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

"You haven't got any ... your future is all used up."

"The truth hurts, doesn't it, Hapsburg? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!"

"Have you find Jesus yet, Gump?"
"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him sir"

“Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.”

"I'll make you famous"

"I've been attacked by the Ladies' Home Journal"

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us??"

BvU said:
Oh yeah ? I think your research is wrong: one misquote (already pointed out) and then:
  • to have and have not is older than Key Largo -- (granted, she does say Steve in between the sentences)
  • and you misquoted #2 -- He does not say that sentence as you typed it. The chap in BS does !
Define cheating ?

Come on man, it's a game. So, there were two misquotes, but you got the idea.

jtbell said:
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
I think I'm just being captain obvious on this one, but this sounds like 2001: A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it in some time; last time I saw it I was young enough to be frightened by it.

Kevin McHugh said:
Come on man, it's a game. So, there were two misquotes, but you got the idea.
Fine with me. But being associated with cheating and being called wrong wrongly does something to the hairs in my neck. Strange, because otherwise I'm such a nice guy :smile: ...

Likes gracy
"They promised me a posse, they're long on promise, short on posse"

Mondayman said:
I think I'm just being captain obvious on this one, but this sounds like 2001: A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it in some time; last time I saw it I was young enough to be frightened by it.
Yes, that's the one. where HAL, the sentient computer on board the ship has some kind of psychotic episode.

Last edited:
"I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future"

"Good teacher. He really seems to care. About what I have no idea ..."

"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."

Last edited:
"oy jamoy"

BvU said:
Fine with me. But being associated with cheating and being called wrong wrongly does something to the hairs in my neck. Strange, because otherwise I'm such a nice guy :smile: ...

I didn't mean to insult, if you took it that way, my apologies. Are we cool?

we're cool ! And I liked the quiz -- witness my rapid response :-p !

"They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworth's, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over."

Likes Pepper Mint
PeroK said:
"They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworth's, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over."
:DD This good quote makes me laugh a lot.

rootone said:
Yes, that's the one. where HAL, the sentient computer on board the ship has some kind of psychotic episode.
I see, thanks! I think it's time I watch that one again.

1. What is the objective of the "Iconic Movie Quotes Game"?

The objective of the game is to guess the movie, actor, and character associated with a given iconic movie quote.

2. How do you play the "Iconic Movie Quotes Game"?

To play the game, a player must first be presented with a movie quote from a well-known film. The player must then guess the movie title, the actor who said the quote, and the character they played. The player can use hints or clues if needed.

3. Are there any specific rules for the "Iconic Movie Quotes Game"?

There are no specific rules for the game, but players are encouraged to only use hints or clues if absolutely necessary in order to make the game more challenging.

4. What types of movie quotes can be expected in the "Iconic Movie Quotes Game"?

The game can include quotes from a variety of movie genres, including comedy, drama, action, and romance. The quotes are typically well-known and iconic lines from popular movies.

5. Is there a time limit for guessing the answers in the "Iconic Movie Quotes Game"?

There is no set time limit for guessing the answers, but players are encouraged to make their guesses in a timely manner to keep the game moving. The game can also be played with a time limit to add an extra challenge.