If ever there was a reason to destroy the sun

• Thread starter Pattonias
  • Start date
I found this hilarious. This guy makes a pretty amusing argument for why we should destroy the Sun.

http://destroythesun.com/" [Broken]

Surely, we should set aside our differences, band together and fight this threat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

I personally think he just wants to get rid of minorities.

(If the sun were removed, would people eventually breed into a common color, what color would it be?)

That would certainly be the most aggressive of the passive aggressive approaches to eliminating minorities. We would all be nearly transparent...and cold.

Aren't we heading for a common colour anyway? Sun or not?

Not if my grandparents have anything to do with it. jk.

That may be true, but you can't deny that would be a benefit of destroying the sun.

That may be true, but you can't deny that would be a benefit of destroying the sun.

If it's happening anyway, destroying the sun would be an additional, expensive, unnecessary factor.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
This part would destroy the natural order of things:

Although some of the threats are not immediate, we must think of the longevity of our species. The goal of people should be to continue on living and thriving forever.

I'm somewhat okay with desroying the Sun at least as long as it isn't destroyed while I'm alive. However, the idea of any individual creature, species, planet, or star living forever greatly disturbs me.

It's the natural order of things for everything to live and then to die. In fact, the priority for any living being and any living species shouldn't be to live forever, but to improve the quality of their existence for however long they do live.

If this is something that's going to force me to sacrifice my MTV or my 4x4, then I'm not gonna help him.

the priority for any living being and any living species shouldn't be to live forever, but to improve the quality of their existence for however long they do live.

Ooh, I like that. Very true!

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
(If the sun were removed, would people eventually breed into a common color, what color would it be?)

Something like this:
[PLAIN]http://www.fws.gov/fisheries/nfhs/images/highlights/images/TX%20Blind%20Salamander%20picture%201.jpg [Broken]

edit:
Whoops. Kinda big.

deal with it

Last edited by a moderator: