If ever there was a reason to destroy the sun

In summary, this guy argues that we should destroy the sun because it is a minority-destroying machine and it will eventually lead to the extinction of all species. Some people are okay with this idea, but others find it morally disturbing.
Pattonias
I found this hilarious. This guy makes a pretty amusing argument for why we should destroy the Sun.

http://destroythesun.com/"

Surely, we should set aside our differences, band together and fight this threat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I personally think he just wants to get rid of minorities.

(If the sun were removed, would people eventually breed into a common color, what color would it be?)

That would certainly be the most aggressive of the passive aggressive approaches to eliminating minorities. We would all be nearly transparent...and cold.

Aren't we heading for a common colour anyway? Sun or not?

Not if my grandparents have anything to do with it. jk.

That may be true, but you can't deny that would be a benefit of destroying the sun.

Pattonias said:
That may be true, but you can't deny that would be a benefit of destroying the sun.

If it's happening anyway, destroying the sun would be an additional, expensive, unnecessary factor.

This part would destroy the natural order of things:

Although some of the threats are not immediate, we must think of the longevity of our species. The goal of people should be to continue on living and thriving forever.

I'm somewhat okay with desroying the Sun at least as long as it isn't destroyed while I'm alive. However, the idea of any individual creature, species, planet, or star living forever greatly disturbs me.

It's the natural order of things for everything to live and then to die. In fact, the priority for any living being and any living species shouldn't be to live forever, but to improve the quality of their existence for however long they do live.

If this is something that's going to force me to sacrifice my MTV or my 4x4, then I'm not going to help him.

BobG said:
the priority for any living being and any living species shouldn't be to live forever, but to improve the quality of their existence for however long they do live.

Ooh, I like that. Very true!

PhDorBust said:
(If the sun were removed, would people eventually breed into a common color, what color would it be?)

Something like this:
[PLAIN]http://www.fws.gov/fisheries/nfhs/images/highlights/images/TX%20Blind%20Salamander%20picture%201.jpg

edit:
Whoops. Kinda big.

deal with it

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the reason to destroy the sun?

There is no known reason to destroy the sun. It is a vital source of energy for life on Earth and plays a crucial role in our solar system.

2. Could destroying the sun affect other planets?

Yes, destroying the sun would have a catastrophic impact on all planets in our solar system. The gravitational pull of the sun helps to keep the planets in orbit and its heat and light are essential for sustaining life on Earth.

3. How could the sun be destroyed?

The sun is a massive ball of gas and would require an immense amount of energy to be destroyed. It is not possible with our current technology and any attempt to do so would have severe consequences for our planet and the rest of the solar system.

4. What would happen if the sun was destroyed?

If the sun were to be destroyed, it would no longer provide heat and light to Earth, leading to an extreme drop in temperature and the eventual death of all living organisms. The solar system would also be thrown into chaos, with the planets losing their orbits and likely colliding with each other.

5. Is there any benefit to destroying the sun?

No, there is no known benefit to destroying the sun. It would have devastating consequences for life on Earth and the rest of the solar system. Our focus should be on preserving and understanding the sun, rather than trying to destroy it.