Im in High School and I know nothing about physics

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to prepare for an upcoming physics exam in which they feel unprepared for. They are encouraged to seek help from others, specifically by starting a thread in a forum and asking for specific advice related to the material they will be tested on. Additionally, it is suggested that they reflect on their progress and seek help if needed.
Noob student
:frown:hi folks

I will be having a physics exam in next week and I am so noob don't know anything about physics :frown: what should I do please help me

Physics news on Phys.org
You could start by opening a thread in the general physics subforum and ask for specific advice.

how could we possibly know what you struggle with when you just lament "I don¨t know ANYTHING, please help me!"

wouldn't be that spamming ?

You must give us more of an idea what you'll be tested in. Imagine someone were to say "I need to know about music, but I don't know anything. Where should I start?" What would you suggest to them? There's so much about music to know. (How are trumpets built? What's the importance for a country to have a national anthem? Do singers get better or worse as they grow older?) The same is true for physics.

So, what kind of an exam is this, and what will people expect you to know about?

it will be in Arabic :frown:

Noob student said:

I will be having a physics exam in next week and I am so noob don't know anything about physics :frown: what should I do please help me

You should study for your exam!:wink:

Noob student said:

Lisa! said:
You should study for your exam!:wink:

Exactly.

If you have an exam next week, that must mean that you are taking a course. The purpose of the course is to teach you physics. Have you been learning the material as the course has progressed? Have you been having difficulties? If so, have you tried to get help with the material?

FAQ: Im in High School and I know nothing about physics

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with matter, energy, motion, and force. It is a fundamental science that helps us understand the natural laws and phenomena that govern our world.

2. Why is it important to learn physics in high school?

Learning physics in high school is important because it helps develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and a deeper understanding of the world around us. It also provides a strong foundation for further studies and careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.

3. What topics are typically covered in high school physics?

Some common topics covered in high school physics include mechanics (motion and forces), energy, waves, electricity and magnetism, and optics. Different schools and curriculums may cover additional topics such as thermodynamics, nuclear physics, and relativity.

4. How can I improve my understanding of physics concepts?

To improve your understanding of physics, it is important to actively engage in class, ask questions, and participate in hands-on activities and experiments. You can also read textbooks and online resources, watch educational videos, and practice problem-solving regularly.

5. Are there any real-life applications of physics?

Yes, there are many real-life applications of physics. For example, understanding the principles of mechanics can help in designing bridges and buildings, and studying electricity and magnetism is crucial for developing technology such as smartphones and computers. Physics also plays a role in fields such as medicine, transportation, and energy production.