I'm too uneducated to disprove my magnetic mechanical idea.

In summary, the conversation discussed the concept of magnetic fields and how they are formed. The idea was brought up that the lines of force in a magnetic field may not be physically real and are just a visualization tool. The conversation also touched on the behavior of a spinning one-dimensional object in a three-dimensional space.
JeffZoskinsky
If you have two overlapping circles with straight lines going out in all directions, and you go from on one line from one circle to the first point where it intersects a line from the other circle and draw a line to the next line beside it from the same circle at it's first intersection with a line from the other circle and go all the way around, and do the same with the second intersection of the original line to it's second point where it intersects a line from the other circle and connect each of the second intersections, the lines that you draw form a perfect looking magnetic field like with metal shavings on a bar magnet through a piece of glass, and do the same to the other circle of course. If the fields are rotating as they cause electrons to rotate in their presence, could this be how a magnetic field is physically formed and why like polarities repel and opposites attract, like maybe the lines could be made of some incredibly small particulate composition themselves? It seems to fit physically but I can't afford to go to college and get much real education to answer what may be a dumb question myself and I thought of it watching an oscillating fan with light coming from the right angle about six years ago and can't seem to find information disproving it. Also, has anyone wondered how a one dimensional object could act like a multiple dimensional object by spinning, like a two dimensional plane spinning on a third axis? If I'm an just idiot go ahead and tell me.

Physics news on Phys.org
whoa... this really needs a picture. Without some illustrations I can't understand what you're getting at at all.

Go to this simulator site (you will need Java installed):
http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/sbfa012/sbfa012.pdf
Click on the equal unlike charges simulation, and use your pointer to drag the two charges around and watch the field lines between them move.

'lines' of force arent physically real. its just a math trick to help one visualize the field. iron filings just happen to form what vaguely resembles 'lines' of force. pure coincidence.

Also, has anyone wondered how a one dimensional object could act like a multiple dimensional object by spinning, like a two dimensional plane spinning on a third axis?
The spinning plane isn't acting like a 3d object; it's just spinning in a three dimensional space. Like granpa was saying, the force lines aren't real. I can't quite remember, but I think the magnetic field isn't a physical field--i'm not sure though.

1. What is the "magnetic mechanical idea"?

The "magnetic mechanical idea" is a concept that suggests using the power of magnets to create a mechanical system that can perform a specific task. It is often proposed as a potential solution for various problems, such as generating electricity or propelling vehicles.

2. Why do some people feel uneducated about this idea?

Many people may feel uneducated about the magnetic mechanical idea because it involves complex scientific principles and theories, such as electromagnetism and mechanics. It can be daunting for individuals without a strong background in these subjects to fully grasp and explain the concept.

3. Is the magnetic mechanical idea scientifically proven?

No, the magnetic mechanical idea has not been scientifically proven or accepted by the scientific community. While there have been some experiments and demonstrations of magnetism being used in mechanical systems, there is no evidence to support the idea as a viable solution for practical applications.

4. Are there any studies or research on the magnetic mechanical idea?

There have been some studies and research on the magnetic mechanical idea, but most of them have been inconclusive or have not yielded significant results. Some scientists have also expressed skepticism about the feasibility of the idea and its potential limitations.

5. Can someone without a scientific background disprove the magnetic mechanical idea?

It is possible for someone without a scientific background to identify flaws or inconsistencies in the magnetic mechanical idea, but it would be challenging for them to disprove it entirely. The idea would need to be tested and evaluated by experts in the relevant fields to determine its validity.